The Role: Assistant Manager (Team Leader - II)
The Location: Ahmedabad
The Team: Key Developments & Events
The Impact: Data/Content Management teams deliver and maintain accurate, complete and timely data sets while taking into account the business units global interests and needs internally & externally. Data/Content teams develop very close relationships with their constituencies, in-order to execute on their data requirements. Data/Content management professionals leverage solid processes and technologies to perform data management tasks as accurately and efficiently as possible. Data/Content management teams also implement processes and operational changes across businesses. They write business procedures and training materials and lead implementation plans and stakeholder communications at various stages of the change process. These teams use quantitative and qualitative metrics to measure process quality and efficiency.
KeyDevs team collect key happenings in the market and classify announcements (News) under 67 distinct categories (Event types) and tag the related company so that the client can directly access specific set of information without going through all publicly available documents.
What’s in it for you: This is an opportunity to lead the team consisting of 12 to 15 individual contributors and contribute towards achieving the team’s goals. Accountability would be towards understanding and owning the business objectives; communicate with passion and enthusiasm, embrace change as a way of working; and lead by example when communicating new initiatives.
- Manages operations support team for a range of data/content management activities.
- Manages operational team in the process of data research and extraction of information from various sources, tools and documents.
- Ensure team members are compliant when conducting data/information collection through thorough knowledge of guidelines, policies and research tools.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the performance and quality of work of operational teams to ensure accuracy and efficiency of process workflow.
- Manages the performance review process, talent development and talent management processes of the team. Identifies individual strengths to appropriately delegate work amongst team.
- May interact with internal and external clients as necessary and occasionally works on new projects as assigned.
- Regularly meets with all team members and work on his/her people development, tracks all activities in available tools on regular basis.
- Responsible to prepare regular performance reports, identify efficiency/deficiency through these reports and suggest enhancement/improvement methods.
- Applies general knowledge of operations principles, theories and work tools developed through past experience to best complete assignments.
- Thorough knowledge of the business and a good understanding of how his/her contributes to data/content management objectives.
What We’re Looking For:
- Basic knowledge of LEAN, Robotics/Automation and Data Science as a concept.
- Basic knowledge of SQL, DBMS and MS Excel
- Identifies and solves problems in operational processes and analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures.
- Works within own team; may interact with other related teams. Works with businesses to understand processes and procedures and helps to improve them whenever possible.
- Works with global peers, build strong relationship and increase collaboration among all operations sites.
- Contributes to the achievement of personal and team objectives.
- 7+ years of experience with SPGMI
- Minimum 18 months at Grade 9 as on 31 December 2017
- Minimum 24 months of experience as Senior Data Researcher – II role as on 31 December 2017 may also apply (will have to pass through a written test)
- Good oral and written communication skill
- Requires working in rotation/night shifts
Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree (Finance Specialization) or equivalent experience required.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.