The Standard & Poor’s Data & Operations (D&O) Group has an opening for a SR Research Assistant in the Centennial, CO office. The selected individual will support the Ratings line of Business within the Financial Data Management team. The individual will be responsible for obtaining, reviewing, analyzing documents and monitoring internal databases and information flows.
This role is critical to ensuring that our business standards are met. The content that you will deliver supports the Ratings process.
The Career Opportunity:
You will work with a team of highly skilled individuals with close partnerships in the analytical business and data operations. Most importantly, under supervision the SR Research Assistant will follow established procedures to create 17g-7 (N) Disclosure Reports as required by the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Gathers required documentation from internal sources as specified by the group’s established procedures.
- Analyzes the data within the financial contractual documentation obtained in order to prepare 17g-7(N) Disclosure Reports following internal guidelines.
- Performs independent research as needed to acquire understanding of the data.
- Maintains adherence to strict deadlines.
- Maintains related records and files following internal procedures.
- Answers mail and/or telephone inquiries relating to the reports created.
- Provides other ad hoc data requests for management or the business units.
Our Hiring Manager Says:
“The successful candidate will be someone that can work under tight deadlines while maintaining quality and excellence in their work and adhering to established procedures. It will also be someone that enjoys reviewing financial and legal contracts.”
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Economics preferred.
- Paralegal certificate and/or experience a plus.
- Fluent in Spanish a plus.
- 3-4 years of work experience in related fields.
- Experience with financial legal documents a plus.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work well within the context of a team and produce reports on a tight deadline.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Must be flexible and able to switch gears at a moment’s notice