The Role: Create business opportunities by solving medium- to high-complexity data retrieval, extraction, and processing through the use of relevant internal tools & modern technologies.
The Location: Makati
The Team: FIG Bank Regulatory Financial collects data from several regulatory agencies for each of the industries -- Commercial/Savings Banks, Savings Institutions (a.k.a. Thrifts), Bank/Thrift Holding Companies and Credit Unions. The data for each of the industry is collected from a separate regulatory agency website.
The Impact: Our team collects all financial and other information from different reports, and does several ratio calculations. We also process common regulatory financials for comparing a bank with thrift, or a bank with BHC, etc. We also create our own state and asset-based aggregates that clients use to see the performance of a bank against the aggregate group. We have recently started collecting bank regulatory data of other countries (Latin America).The 031-041-051 call reports for Commercial/Savings Banks regulated by FDIC/OCC are collected from FFIEC’s CDR website. The Y9 and FR filings for holding companies regulated by FED are collected from FFIEC’s NIC website. The 5300 and 5310 call reports for credit unions and corporate credit unions respectively are available from their regulator’s website - NCUA.
What’s in it for you: As a Senior Data Researcher/Sr. Database Systems Analyst in FIG – Bank Regulatory Financial, Candidate will work closely with various internal stakeholders with a goal to process data by leveraging internal tools, and the latest technological tools and practices. The ideal candidate will have access to various common and proprietary tools, but addressing the unique and dynamic business demands may—at times--require venturing into unexplored territories too. The opportunities to explore, and implement unconventional ways of addressing a given content collection challenge, satisfying candidate’s creative instincts, and making a transformational impact to the business as a result, will be limitless. Considering the changing nature of bank industry and fast-paced technological advancement, candidate must be enthusiastic and willing to learn/leverage new tools and processes and be flexible, and open to an environment where change occurs quickly and adaptation is a must.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Understand and effectively navigate the internal DBMS (Database Management Structure) of FIG – Bank Regulatory Financial, and fluidly and comfortably execute complex SQL queries, as needed and dictated by business need.
- Backfill volumes of data using internal tools while providing real time support to internal clients, and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Prepare Excel templates for custom internal requests.
- Awareness of SQL, database structures, Big Data and Agile development methodology
- Create accurate and detailed bug/breakage reports when issues are identified.
- Actively participate in, and support the department’s Agile development process through scrum membership, test driven development, quality assurance (QA), and quality control (QC) techniques.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets, and participate in the crafting of mitigation strategies, and execution plans.
- Write procedures and articulate processes in a manner that is capable of training other team members on approved techniques, and ways to work.
What We’re Looking For:
- Perform stand-alone, complex tasks/transactions w/ or w/o detailed instructions and predefined procedures.
- Strong analytical and interpretative skills; strong focus on data quality and accuracy.
- Self-driven, tech-savvy, passion about identifying/exploring automated solutions.
- Comfortable taking initiative and finding creative solutions for complex problems
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Creative, strategic thinker with an ability to work comfortably in a collaborative setting.
- Highly organized and able to deliver meaningful work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under flexible schedules and work in a cohesive team environment.
- Deliver on predefined individual and team targets including delivering outcomes with quality and excellence.
- Fosters innovation by identifying enhancement initiatives that support our LEAN philosophy.
- Contributes to the achievement of personal and team objectives.
- Able to challenge department process & believes in continuous improvement.
- Must have experience with Database Management Systems
- Experienced in an Agile Scrum environment
- Good stakeholder management
- A graduate of Information Technology and Information Systems or any related course will do
- Open to a Midshift 12pm to 9pm (Monday-Friday) schedule with occasional shift adjustment and overtime depending on the need
- Saturdays/Sundays and/or holidays if the workflow dictates