The Vice President, Enterprise Systems role is a key leadership position reporting to the CIO of S&P Global.TheEnterprise Systems group is responsible for Finance, HR, Legal and Compliance Technologies. The incumbent will be responsible for all elements of Software Development Cycle and overall responsible for leading the innovation related to these functions, customer experience and service delivery. This leader will build and manage a high-performing engineering team in multiple technology areas delivering systems with a high degree of craftsmanship and agility while focused on delivering business value. Additionally, this role will lead the existing transformational initiatives, refind the strategy and execution for these enterprise systems within the technology organization patterning closely with their business partners.
- Develop strategic, customer-centric solutions that enable the users of our systems to be productive, deliver great service and provide innovative solutions to key business problems.
- Develop outstanding, collaborative, strategic business partner relationships to proactively understand changing business needs and identify new business opportunities.
- Build and lead the Enterprise Systems organization delivering technologies and systems for our business partners that are industry leading and in support of our enterprise business initiatives.
- Recruit, motivate, engage and retain a highly competent and productive team. Create a working environment where operational excellence, craftsmanship, innovation and personal growth are encouraged and realized.
- Responsible for the strategy, engineering, implementation, operations and support systems that enable the users of our systems to be productive in support of our clients and their members.
- Direct and manage the delivery of enterprise, automation and back office technologies.
- Ensure platforms and environments are stable and provide long term value
- Lead technologies including but not limited to Enterprise ERP, CRM, Automation, etc.
- Transform strategies into prioritized initiatives for their teams.
- Balancing a wide range of priorities and managing relationships with other Technology and non-Technology areas.
- Keeping abreast of industry and technology trends.
- Foster a strong controls environment to ensure compliance to regulatory and good general controls practices.
- BA/BS degree in an engineering or technical field (MS in an Engineering or technical field and/or an MBA preferred)
- 12+ years of experience required, with a career that has roots from developing and integrating complex internal systems and must demonstrate cumulative growth in functional knowledge needed to lead the team and partner with the business
- Must have proven track record in leading innovation and transformation at similar large enterprises
- Must have prior experience in migrating legacy systems to Cloud based SaaS systems such as SalesForce and Workday
- Must have experience in driving customer satisfaction and net promotors scores
- Should have a good blend of Functional Experience, Application Experience and Operational experience
- Must be fully familiar with the industry and the evolution of technology
- Must be familiar with security implications and protecting the technology from threats
- Drive accountability and pay-for-performance culture and lead it by example
- Strike the balance between empowering, enabling and having the details
- Experience with support and operations of varying technologies
- Proven and effective leader able to motivate, mentor, and promote a team. Experience managing a team of 50+ in multiple locations and building a great culture of engineering
- Outstanding financial and business acumen with the ability to interpret results and recommend appropriate action
- Champion innovation and execute with excellence
- Exceptional collaboration skills and proven ability to influence internal and external partners
- Ability to innovate and lead change through visionary thinking, strategic leadership and tactical execution
- Tremendous curiosity and drive towards innovative solutions; the ability to anticipate trends
- Proven and effective leader able to motivate, mentor, and promote a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and project management skills
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.