The Role: S&P Global Market Intelligence’s Gurgaon, India newsroom is looking to hire a Assistant editor to join our European financial news team. You will lead the content direction of a S&P Global publication, research and write articles for publication, edit content, develop content strategy to align with marketing efforts and sales goals and ensure content published meets S&P Global compliance and quality standards.
The Career Opportunity: S&P Global Market Intelligence is a results-focused meritocracy. We set high standards and value accountability. We provide countless opportunities to learn transferable skills and knowledge. We actively seek to identify and reward exceptional performance with growth opportunities. Based on performance, planned growth and initiatives, you can progress to a senior-level expert within the News team.
The Team / The Business: You will be joining a dynamic team of over 200 members dispersed across global locations, including newswriters, reporters, editors, copy editors, graphic artists and product support experts.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Assist in producing clean and concise copy of varying length under deadline pressure. Publish news briefs and features for S&P Global Market Intelligence's subscription-based website and premium digital newsletters while adhering to our world-class quality standards of clarity and accuracy
• Help shape our coverage by contributing story ideas, vetting news leads and compiling daily and weekly publications
• Check data and graphic illustrations for accuracy and consistency, including mathematical calculations and standard industry metrics
• Collaborate with senior editors in our different offices to monitor news
• Exhibit willingness and the intellectual drive needed to dig into documents, research reports, data and other information sources to spot newsy nuggets
• Make use of in-house tools and training programs to develop an expertise in financial markets
• Hone your skills as an editor of articles essential to keep our clients informed of the latest happenings and trends in their sector
• Use your strong training skills to coach and mentor team members, where needed
• At least 5 years of writing/editing in a professional capacity, including at least 3-4 years of specific editing experience
• Experience editing at a newspaper or news agency will be an advantage
• Bachelor degree required; preferably in area of expertise.
We are seeking an editor for the India day shift.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.