The Role: Database Engineer I
The Location: This position is based in Ahmedabad, India
We establish database management systems, standards, guidelines and quality assurance for database work, conceptual design, logical database design, external data interface specification, data loading plan, data maintenance plan and security policy.
Job Profile Summary: Responsible for SQL Server T-SQL and SSIS package development as well as .Net (C#) development and support. Including product query optimizations and research into new database technologies.
What’s in it for you?
- You will be part of a world class Global Operations and Reliability team supporting various product offerings of S&P Global powered by various middle tier, database and OS technologies and used by tens of thousands of users globally. The team is responsible for ensuring Greater Reliability, High Performance, High Availability and Scalability.
- You will work with a global team of intelligent and ambitious professionals recruited from top industries. The team is responsible for the database support, administration, scalability, performance tuning, release and architecture of large-scale data processing, aggregation and retrieval systems.
- As a critical member of the team, you will have the opportunity collaborate with a global team of database administrators and engineers who have recently graduated as well as other team members who are experts in their domain.
- Complete complex development tasks involving T-SQL Stored Procedures, Views and related table structures as well as SSIS package creation, modification and maintenance
- Complete development projects involving application frameworks in .Net and C#
- Optimizes and troubleshoots T-SQL queries and Stored Procedures that come in from the product development teams.
- Complete other projects and tasks as assigned. May be assigned research and development tasks to explore leveraging new or emerging database technologies.
- Create and maintains appropriate documentation for Database Objects, Applications and SSIS Packages for production support and end-users.
What we’re looking for:
- MS SQL Server hands on experience
- Experience with database development.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with verbal and writing proficiencies
- Ability to solve problems
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Minimum 2 or more years database development or equivalent experience.
- Strong English speaking skills required.
About S&P Global
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.