The Role: Associate, Ratings Analytical (Property Sector)
The Location: Hong Kong
The Team / The Business: You will be part of a global and multicultural team.
The Impact: You will analyze original, non-routine and complex situations in a timely, orderly and insightful manner. Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of industry trends and issues.
What’s in it for you: This is a great opportunity for experienced professionals within the financial industry to deepen its analytical skills and industry insights. You will act in an analytical position covering a portfolio of leading corporate issuers in the Greater China region. As a primary analyst for credits in the corporate sectors, you will not only perform analytical work and write reports, but also demonstrate your analytical insight to internal and external audiences in an international working environment.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of credits
- Attend meetings and interact with senior management of corporations to obtain information upon which to base credit rating decisions
- Actively participate and be engaged in rating committees. Present recommendations and your rationale to the rating committee
- Actively participate in regional and global analytical work groups to maintain and enhance our analytical industry expertise
- Prepare a variety of materials suitable for publication (rating reports, press releases) to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis
- Prepare commentaries/ papers on areas of expertise for publication
- Share knowledge/ participate in initiatives to improve group operations (through sharing analytical expertise, coaching to more junior staff, project work)
- Cooperate with non-analytical staff to ensure that the process dimension of the analytical process is properly executed
- Demonstrate service excellence and professionalism towards external and internal clients
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor degree holder of Finance, Business Administration, or a related subject
- Holder of CFA Designation is preferable
- 5 years of relevant work experience as a credit analyst, equity research, auditing or consulting experience
- Strong network and understanding of the property market in the Greater China region
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Solid analytical capability, team player and has good time management skills
- Able to multitask and meet projects with a tight timeframe
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-changing, global and regulated environment
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.