The Role: Research Analyst, FinTech
The Location: New York
The Team: You'll be part of a close-knit, collaborative team within a larger Research group of more than 100 people. Resources at your disposal will include our vast array of data on financial sectors and markets.
The Impact: Everyone is talking about FinTech, and you will advance the discussion with nuanced conclusions about specific ways in which technology is transforming the financial sector. We aim to be the single best source for in-depth research, analysis and proprietary data on the constantly-evolving financial services and technology industries. Boundaries between sectors are blurring, so we cover them all and connects the dots in real time, tracking both quantitative impact and qualitative implications.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to become a leader with a point of view in FinTech space
- Collaboration on ambitious, evolving research agenda
- Participation in speaking engagements, media interviews and discussions with policymakers
- Author several in-depth market reports on specific segments each year, in addition to frequent research articles and blog posts
- Build and maintain proprietary data sets relevant to your covered segments
- Construct nuanced financial models to forecast key industry metrics
- Cultivate a network of influential FinTech industry contacts
- Collaborate with FinTech-focused colleagues across divisions and departments
- Represent S&P Global Market Intelligence through coverage of FinTech industry events, speaking engagements and media interaction
What We’re Looking For:
- Attention to detail, endless curiosity and deep industry expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or related discipline
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Proficiency in financial modeling and forecasting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Real passion for problem solving
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision
- 3 to 5 years related experience
- Knowledge of SQL, R and Python
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.