The Role: GTC IT Functional Lead - QA Services
The Location: Hyderabad
S&P Global’s new Global Talent Center will utilize a Build-Operate-Transfer model (BOT) partnering with an experienced vendor partner to create the new organization for S&P Global.
Routinely impacts quality, timelines of results, planning and revenues or budgets of own team and related teams and frequently sets policies, procedures and standards
What’s in it for you:
The QA Senior Manager will be for responsible leading a team of technical Leads and Testers, and Managers in ensuring the team successfully delivers QA Operations as per defined scope, timeline, and SLAs. The activities include providing specific QA functions to the customer business and technology groups apart from providing leadership on Automation frameworks, Performance testing and Dev-ops integrations
- Overall QA leadership to various customer business and technology groups
- Owns Automation/Performance Testing (either or) frameworks implementations
- Ensure QA support for various releases
- Ensure various metrics are collected, analyzed and reported with accuracy
- Ensure SLAs are being met by QA team
- Establishes quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements with other members of management and with production operators, technicians, and engineers.
- Establishes standards for the disposition of finished product by devising functional, performance and load tests, methods, and procedures.
- Establish and enhance existing test plans, cases and data required for various applications
- Prepares product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Completes quality assurance requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Communicate continually with internal team members and external client contacts about Operations status
- Communicate and collaborate regularly with all levels of the organization, quantitatively and qualitatively communicate QA progress, risks, cost and quality information
- Support cooperative communications and facilitate cross-departmental teamwork for QA implementation and maintenance
- Evaluate technology trends on a continuous basis, identify areas of continuous improvement within QA organization , build implementation roadmap, implement best practices as related to software testing and quality assurance and monitor progress and efficiencies
What we’re looking for:
- Overall 8+ years’ experience with Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a QA manager role, especially in running QA Operations
- Experience working in an Agile/DevOps environment and have strategized and implemented integration of testing techniques in a continuous integration and continuous delivery model
- Excellent understanding of ongoing technology trends and have demonstrated experience utilizing other technology areas (Eg: cloud, Business analytics) within QA and testing
- Performance Testing Expertise
- Excellent understanding of test data management, service virtualization, front end, middleware (Web API and web services) and database level automation
- Strong knowledge in HP ALM, TOSCA, UFT and other automation frameworks
- Excellent understanding of finance industry with focus on how credit ratings works
- Demonstrated experience in estimating, monitoring and managing QA budgets with ability to identify areas of over spending and suggest mitigation plans
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong experience in Metrics based project executions
- Flexible and creative problem-solving skills
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills
- Personnel management skills, including previous direct reports and remote management experience
- Proven ability to manage time across multiple, simultaneous projects
- Demonstrated experience in risk assessment and management
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and team building skills.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects with cross functional teams
- Ability to work with team members in different locations
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to facilitate client discussions across a wide variety of program issues and considerations, along with general industry topics
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.