As a Fact Checker, your primarily responsibility is to read published news stories, blogs and data analyses to find and correct inaccuracies.
This position is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
We are truly a global firm! You will be part of the Fact Check Desk which works out of our offices in Philippines, Pakistan and India.
Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership. This includes investment bankers, buy and sell-side teams, and regulators. Our massive database of market, regulatory and corporate data offers ample opportunities to improve and drive your fact-checking skills.
The career opportunity:
Our Company prides itself in being an equal opportunity employer and a result faced meritocracy. We set high standards and value accountability for all. At the same time, we seek to identify and reward extraordinary performance with growth opportunities. You will have the opportunity to flourish expertly in this role.
All Fact Checker roles provide possibilities to move up the career ladder to enable you to take on new and dynamic responsibilities. These include people management and business development, within the Market Intelligence division and across the entire S&P Global group. We are also ramping up our expansion in Gurgaon, Islamabad and Manila to accommodate our new industries. These will include healthcare and consumer discretionary.
What's in it for you:
- Your error-spotting discernment and critical-thinking skills will be at the forefront every single day as you sift through company and regulatory websites, press releases, newspapers and other information sources to make sure news articles are factually correct.
- You will join teams from across the Newsroom and other parts of the company to help develop the organization's News product
- You will be reading published news articles, blogs as well as data analyses in order to look for and rectify inaccuracies
- With coverage of metals & mining, real estate, energy, media/communications, banking, insurance and healthcare, your each workday will bring new challenges and chances to learn
- Your role will be aligned with the company’s goal to deliver accurate news and data to its clients as manifested in its reward program for clients who find errors
The work timings are divided in rotational pattern and are assigned to an employee based on business requirements, so you should be flexible working in all shifts, Morning, Evening and Night.
What we're looking for:
- BA/MA in English, Communications, Journalism or related field
- Ability to ask intelligent questions and provide constructive feedback
- Fluency in spoken and written business English
- Keen eye for spotting errors when comparing an article to its sources, and an affinity for correcting inaccuracies
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.