The Role: S&P Global Market Intelligence, a division of S&P Global, is currently searching for an experienced, Sales Associate to join our Client Development team in Hong Kong. Client Development Associate will be responsible for developing prospective client relationships in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Southern China with revenue generation as the primary focus.
The Impact: S&P Global Market Intelligence has a solid reputation in Hong Kong and we are further building awareness of our brand. Your contribution and dedication to your role is critical as you have a direct impact on client retention and business generation. You will be able to lead from the front and have direct impact for future growth of the business.
The Career Opportunity: You are a key player within the sales team and you will have the opportunity to work with the major key clients within the financial services industry. This is a great opportunity for you to grow professionally as well as contributing to the growth of the business.
The Team / The Business: The team is composed of experienced professionals within the financial services industry. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value team work and it is crucial that you are a team player in order to be successful within our organization.
- Responsible for the day-to-day end user care and maintenance of the account, driving customer satisfaction and adoption within existing clients
- Act as the focal point of contact for the existing accounts that you cover for any client enquiries or escalations
- Proactively assess and address user needs in order to drive the best possible client experience
- Create awareness in the user base of existing and new offerings and increase usage so all products are part of users’ workflow
- Responsible for ensuring timely execution of all renewals on their account list
- Identify up sell and cross-sell opportunities as part of the client outreach based on the information provided by users on their needs and workflow. Obtain names and roles of potential additional users in new and existing departments
- Escalates all feedback and relevant information and identify solutions for clients’ enquiries
- Bachelor degree holder in Finance, Economics or related subject
- Relevant Sales or Clients Servicing experience in the financial sector (either at a vendor or a Financial Institution such as Investment Management/Investment Banking/Private Equity Institution/Corporate Treasury)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Capital Markets and Financial Services Industry
- Solid presentation and communication skills (face to face, large groups, remotely – WebEx)
- Team player and able to assist sales team in putting in place territory plans to meet objective
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and intermediate knowledge of MS Office
- Fluent in oral and written English and Mandarin is required for the role
- MBA or CFA candidates are preferred,
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
To all recruitment agencies; S&P does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.