The Role: Associate, Financial Institutions Ratings Greater China
The Location: Hong Kong
The Team/ The Business: You will be part of a closely knit, multicultural, and high-performance team.
The Impact: You will provide key stakeholders with our value-added “credit story” on banks, NBFIs, and the financial sector as a whole through clear opinions and strong analysis.
What’s in it for you: This is a great opportunity for a highly skilled and passionate individual to cover the world’s most dynamic markets, including China. You will develop expertise in these fast-changing markets by covering a portfolio of banks and NBFIs. You will work with a group of very talented and experienced analysts from highly diversified backgrounds, including ex-regulators from three different jurisdictions. It is also a strong opportunity to develop your expertise in FI credit analysis in mainland China, Hong Kong, and the other markets that the team covers.
- Analyzing pertinent information and data necessary for determining ratings on banks and their debt issues
- Making recommendations and presenting to rating committees
- Drafting press releases, company-specific reports, and industry commentaries in a fast-paced environment with publication deadlines
- Effectively communicating to clients Standard & Poor's methodology and procedures
- Continuous monitoring of operating performance of rated companies, including reviews of public filings and private information supplied by issuers, and participation in client meetings
- Meeting with issuers and investors on analytical matters and assisting in resolving clients' analytical needs
- Contributing to Standard & Poor's global and regional analytical sectoral forums, and authoring related commentaries
- Bachelor's degree. Advanced degree, CFA charter holder or CPA is a plus
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in an analytical or research position
- A good understanding of financial markets, business environments and relevant regulations – in particular, on the banking or non-bank financial sector (finance companies, leasing companies, trust companies and other NBFI) in China
- Ability to communicate, read and write in Putonghua fluently
- Strong financial statement analysis skills and accounting knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to give effective verbal presentations to senior executives
- A highly motivated team player who can work autonomously in a global, multi-cultural and fast pace environment
- Ability to undertake rigorous analytical work and be proficient at writing analytical reports in English
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.