Director Credit Ratings Analyst, Infrastructure, S&P Global Ratings
The Role: S&P Global Ratings is seeking an exceptional professional with strong analytical, communication as and relationship skills to join the EMEA Utilities Team, headed by Béatrice de Taisne and comprising of 15 analysts across several offices in Europe. The responsibility consists of analytical oversight and management of about 30-40 entities working closely with a team 2 to 3 analysts. In addition, the job could involve important contributions to sector research and investor outreach on Utilities and Renewables. The Director position will cover a portfolio of Continental European companies.
The candidate should have extensive experience in credit/rating analysis, while knowledge of the utility sector is a clear advantage. The candidate ideally speaks French, German or Italian, while the location is flexible between Frankfurt and Paris. Milan could be considered too.
We are seeking a rigorous, motivated and skilled team-player candidate who can demonstrate analytical skills to internal and external audiences, maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis as well as have relevant experience or skills to motivate and coach a subteam of 2 to 3 analysts.
The Impact: This position will give the successful candidate the opportunity to be involved in advanced analytical work, high profile client interactions with CFOs and some analytical managerial responsibility working with 2 to 3 analysts.
The opportunity: This is a fantastic opportunity to join the market leading ratings franchise in a practice of pivotal strategic importance to the group at a time where Global Infrastructure investments are on the rise. As such the successful candidate will be a senior member, working in a stimulating international environment in a culture, which is collegiate and meritocratic.
S&P Global Ratings, the world’s leading Credit Rating Services Company, is the principal provider of timely, objective credit analysis and information to customers throughout the world. The Infrastructure team in Europe comprises teams located in several European offices.
The main areas of responsibility for the position include:
- Analytical responsibility for a portfolio of 30-40 utilities, with primary coverage of 8 to 12 names in several countries.
- Representing S&P’s analysis and criteria in a highly professional manner.
- Work with the rest of the European utilities team on, and lead as appropriate, ad-hoc research projects.
- Prepare rating reviews, including own financial modelling, and present views and vote in Credit Committees, in addition to chairing committees.
- Be an active communicator of the Utility Ratings opinions in outreach activities, including written sector research, and meetings with issuers and investors.
- Coaching and mentoring a subteam of 2 to 3 analysts.
Successful candidates will:
- Have significant work experience and a demonstrable trach record conducting credit risk analysis on Corporates. Knowledge of Ratings and of the Utilities sector would be a plus.
- Be educated to degree level in a relevant business related field and possibly MBA, CFA or advanced degree.
- Be fluent in English, French or German. In addition, fluency in Spanish or Italian could be of benefit too.
- Have a strong interest in Infrastructure, Utilities and/or Renewable markets and trends.
- Have the capacity to coordinate and motivate/coach a team.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to represent S&P Global Ratings at meetings and conferences with senior management and investors in a highly professional manner.
- Have the capacity to write good and timely commentaries.
- Demonstrate a strong analytical mindset with proven ability to carry out analysis in a cross-disciplinary context.
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of credit and financial analysis and accounting principles, with a strong ability to build up consistent financial projections under different scenarios.
- Have ambition, initiative, innovation, and a passion for quality and accuracy.
- Be motivated, well-organized and flexible to adapt to changing work requirements.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
- Be able to manage competing priorities and one’s own time effectively.
- Demonstrate an interest and ability to work in a multicultural environment with a focus on team work.
- Be able to adopt the company’s high quality and compliance standards culture in the context of a regulated activity such as ratings.
About S&P Global Ratings and S&P Global
Be part of a $3.5 trillion team at S&P Global Ratings. We’re looking for world-class thinkers to add to our team at S&P Global Ratings, the world’s leading provider of credit risk research, ratings and benchmarks. At S&P Global Ratings, your opinion truly means everything. We rate $3.5 trillion in new debt annually and investors rely on our independent, informed opinions on credit risk.
Each person who works here has an essential role in S&P Global Ratings reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence. With offices in 23 countries, S&P Global Ratings is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for 150 years in providing investors with information and independent benchmarks for their investment and financial decisions
S&P Global includes: S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and Platts. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.