The Role: Sr. Business Analyst – IMPG
The Location: Mumbai, India
The Team: The role will sit on the Data Operations Solutions team within IMPG (Index Management and Production Group). The team oversees the coordination of all projects on IMPG owned technology platforms for index calculation, announcements, rebalancing, and committees. The team is involved in prioritization of release items, supplying the business requirements for those items, user acceptance testing for each release, and training for IMPG.
The Impact: This particular role will focus mainly on written business requirements to be used for development by our IT group. The perspective employee will work heavily with SMEs within the group and throughout IMPG. Our added focus on providing more details in a professional manner contributes to a better product coming out of IT and ultimately gains and efficiencies and capabilities for the business.
What’s in it for you:
- Work affects overall revenue stream generated by S&P Dow Jones
- Work reflects on the reputation of major S&P index series
- Work impacts the efficient use of budget dedicated to IT.
- High visibility across S&P Dow Jones Indices on major technology initiatives.
- Work with other groups within IMPG (Index Management, Market Management, Index Development) to develop requirements for new enhancements to our internal systems.
- Own and manage business requirements and keep track of changes
- Collaborate with developers and IT QA teams to ensure that they understand the business requirements
- Participate in the discussion with IT to determine the best technical solutions with limited resources and timeframe
- Assist technology development with the implementation of enhancements and bug fixes through the regular attendance of meetings and supply of requested materials.
- Develop gap analysis between the current state and future state
- Determine an exhaustive list of scenarios to be taken into account for coding and testing.
- Prepare test cases and coordinate business testers for user acceptance testing across all platforms on which IMPG are the main users.
- Coordinate with QA to make sure all necessary steps have been taken during testing.
- Participate in prioritizing requirements
- Create training material and assist training sessions
- Map out and re-engineer business process
- Strong experience with developing business requirements that are provided to software programmers
- Strong experience with user acceptance testing, including writing test cases
- Experience with system user training, including writing QRG
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Understand UX design principles
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Superior computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
- Must be able to work independently on multiple projects with minimal direction or supervision.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent analytical and quantitative capabilities to solve original, non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner
- Ability to assume responsibility, work with others and manage projects
- Ability to learn new data and calculation platforms in a limited time
- Ability to program in VBA preferred.
- Ability to learn S&P’s proprietary index calculation engines.
- Advanced degree in computer science, math, economics, or finance strongly preferred.
- Understanding of equity and fixed income markets.
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We’re the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.spdji.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.