We require a senior user-experience (UX) architect. The successful candidate will be charged with conceiving and conducting initiatives designed to improve the user experience of S&P’s global workforce in a variety of domains – including but not limited to technology. The candidate will partner with multiple stakeholders across the business to identify opportunities and pain points for improved user experiences. They will create research plans and lead working groups to devise more effective customer journeys using a mix of analog processes, application development, mobile development, automation, and systems integration. The end goal being to provide our customers with a superior working environment.
The Senior UX Architect will be expected to understand our business, its requirements and any technical opportunities or limitations. In addition, they will be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews, and surveys and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes. They will also participate in the design of the overall functionality and iterate upon its design in accordance with user-testing in order to provide a superior experience.
The role will report to the Senior Director, Technology Enablement and will be a key driver in modernizing and innovating end-user experience across the enterprise.
• Work with various groups within S&P to identify opportunities for improvements to user experience - both inside and outside of technology
• Facilitate process and application improvements by conceiving, researching, prototyping, and testing revised experiences
• Create wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps and screen flows
• Develop personas and usage scenarios
• Create product prototypes
• Analyze user testing and feedback; iterate to enhance the experience
• Lead cross-functional initiatives to design improved experiences employing working groups, user stories, personas, audits, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
• Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
• Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
• Design, drive and participate in technology-based solutions that improve the S&P end-user experience in measurable ways
• Partner with stakeholders from across the business to review, analyze and improve processes related to employee productivity and capability
• Partner with the business divisions, the Technology Enablement team, and key vendors to provide solutions to business problems that will include process definition, automation, software application development, mobile application development, and software integration
• Work collaboratively with other platform leads, key stakeholders, and strategic vendors
• Provide measurable improvements to the overall user experience of S&P’s employees across divisions and systems
• Stay informed of, and adapt to new technologies and methodologies
• 10+ years of relevant experience in using UX design best practices to design both technical and non-technical solutions
• Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, etc.
• A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
• Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design holistic user experiences that meet client needs and vision
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
• Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications
• Passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
• Basic experience with software application design processes and deliverables
• A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a related field such as visual design, communications, computer science, or psychology. Work experience can be used to demonstrate equivalency
• A master’s degree is preferred
• Experience working within or on behalf of a regulated environment (Financial Services or Healthcare) is a plus
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfdescribes discrimination protections under federal law.