The Role: Data Researcher I
The Location: S&P House, Ahmedabad
The Team: Energy Industry Content team is responsible in data gathering and processing of multiple datasets within Power Generation, Transmission Lines, Substations, LNG Storage Facility, Natural Gas Storage Facility, Natural Gas Pipelines and Coal Mines. Energy Industry Team works from across from different global offices which includes India, Philippines and US, with close collaboration with Research, News and Product teams.
The Impact: We provide high quality and timely data and our Data Researchers perform the key tasks in data collection, maintenance and processing. We cater to the needs of both internal and external clients including Product Operations counterparts who rely on our team in terms extracting, transferring and loading of data for their research or article production while our external clients include the likes of American Wind Energy Association, Mitsubishi Electric Power Products and ICF International, Inc. to name a few of our global industry players. They use our data in making sound and efficient business analysis and decisions.
What’s in it for you: Job families in our domain covers dual-track career path which means someone may aspire for management/leadership role or subject-matter expert or specialist role. We follow standard performance measurement as well as promotion and in-band progression criteria that are shared to team members for transparency and objective deliberation.
- Performs straightforward, stand-alone tasks or transactions within detailed instructions and predefined procedures
- Responsible for entering and editing data in work tools as per specified guidelines and checklists
- Captures comprehensive information on the data tracked by the respective department
- Reviews feedback involving their content to help correct errors and establish or refine procedures and processes to improve accuracy
- Deliver on predefined individual and team targets including delivering outcomes with quality and excellence
- Works within own team understand, enhance or update processes and procedure by remaining up-to-date in knowledge of content sets.
- Increase learning by accomplishing Learning Xchange modules as well as modules for policy compliance
- Fosters innovation by identifying enhancement initiatives that support our LEAN philosophy
What We’re Looking For:
- Post Graduate in Commerce with an inclination to work in non-financial content (Degrees: MBA Finance, MBA Marketing, MCA, MCom, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Keen to details with strong focus on data quality and accuracy
- Strong Communication and good reading and comprehension skills.
- Able to collaborate across multiple cultures
- Highly reliable with no issues on attendance and should be ready to work in night shifts
- Good competitive attitude towards work.
- Fresher/Experienced, both type of candidates are considered
- Any experience of research or data collection are advantage.
- SQL and advanced Excel skills are advantage.
- Any related industry background is a plus.
- Possesses operational excellence, processes and lean mindset.
About Company (Global) & EEO Statements (NA Only): Auto-populated by our ATS. Do Not Manually add this language to your job posting.