S&P Global Platts
The Role: The senior editor will join the steel raw materials benchmark team in Asia and participate in daily assessment processes as part of a close-knit team. The job includes gathering pricing information and market intelligence, and then forming that information into price assessments and published market commentaries, news updates and in-depth analysis stories. You will also be in a thought leadership position, helping to develop benchmarks and new price assessments.
The Impact: This is a key role, in markets where S&P Global Platts has strongly-established benchmarks.
The Career Opportunity: To become a market expert, the go to person in the industry, and to expand your knowledge of the Asian metals industry by interacting on a daily basis with regional producers, consumers, traders and analysts etc.
The Team / The Business: You’ll work with the Singapore-based metals market reporting team.
Your Skills: Proven analytical ability and comfortable handing numbers, exceptional energy, tenacity and ambition to excel in a fast-paced environment, written and verbal communication skills, analysis, and presentation skills
Our Hiring Manager says: This role will be responsible for producing one of Platts’ most important benchmark assessments as well as a number of regional key price assessments.
- Assess daily steel raw materials market
- Gathers commodity price information, produce price assessments/indexes and writes commentary
- Assess the value of benchmark prices fully in line with Platts’ rigorous and published methodologies
- Regularly engage market participants, helping showcase Platts expertise in steel raw materials, and helping to explain our methodology
- Reports news stories affecting structural market changes which affect price assessments
- Maintain high quality, timely and real-time stream of news and pricing feed
- Develops and maintains sources and contacts relevant to the market area of coverage
- Ability to effectively manage and develop price reporting coverage in the region
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or similar level university degree
- Excellent English writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to read and write Mandarin is a significant advantage due to the need to cover China’s market
- Good organizational planning skills; able to work collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft excel and large data sets
- Adept at managing multiple tasks and adhering to regular deadlines. Able to prioritize quickly and to readjust priorities throughout the day.
- Self-driven, energetic and proactive
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, global, multi-cultural environment
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.