We are looking to expand our real estate ratings team, which currently covers over 100 companies across Europe and the Middle East. This analytical position is based in Stockholm, as we expect continuous growth in real estate ratings in the Nordic region.
The senior ratings analyst undertakes rigorous analytical work and will be responsible for conducting research and fundamental credit analysis, analyzing financial statements, building financial models and forecasts, and writing analytical reports on rated corporate entities and sector analyses.
When you join S&P Global Ratings, you join one of the world's leading providers of independent credit risk research and benchmarks. You are part of a team that produces high quality fundamental research based on established criteria, have the opportunity gain exposure to senior corporate executives, and will interact with the global investor community.
The Stockholm office has 35 employees, of which 22 are analytical staff. The office opened in 1988 and has an established presence in rating entities across multiple sectors.
- At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters and each person who works here has an essential role in S&P Global Ratings reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence.
- S&P Global Ratings plays a vital role in bringing transparency and comparability to the financial markets and helps investors and others measure and manage credit risk.
- By supporting capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people to start and grow businesses, cities and states to build highways and hospitals, and manufacturers to build factories and create jobs.
- With offices in 26 countries, rating ~$50 trillion in debt, and with about 1,400 credit analysts, S&P Global Ratings is an important part of the world’s financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors and financers the information they need to more easily, quickly and efficiently provide capital to businesses and governments.
What’s in it for you?
- We are looking for an Associate Director, which corresponds to a senior credit analyst role at S&P Global Ratings. We prepare our successful Associate Directors to become senior analytical leaders in their respective industry, get involved in rating more complex and higher profile issuers, and become spokespersons with issuers and investors in the market.
- Maintain direct analytical responsibility for a portfolio of rated corporate entities, primarily in the Nordic region.
- Perform high quality analytical work, research, fundamental credit analysis, analysis of financial statements, building of financial models and forecasts, and writing of analytical reports on rated corporate entities.
- Develop and maintain analytical contact with rated entities’ senior management, and presentation of analytical findings to internal and external constituencies.
- Perform industry research and publish thought leadership articles.
- Participate in meetings with unrated entities and market participants to explain S&P Global Ratings' methodology and opinion on the sector.
- Participate in global analytical projects.
- Provide coaching and support to junior analysts.
What We Are Looking For
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification, alongside an advanced degree: CFA or CPA preferred.
- Strong, demonstrable experience within a rating agency, a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution, or working in the field of credit analysis of multinational corporations.
- Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts and demonstrable real estate industry expertise.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and Swedish.
- A highly motivated team player who can work autonomously in a global, multi-cultural and fast-paced environment.
- Effective communications style and strong interpersonal skills to represent S&P at both internal management meetings and to external audiences
- Be willing to travel, sometimes at short notice.