The Team: The team assigns corporate credit ratings to companies in the Consumer Products and Healthcare sectors. Analysts are located in London, Paris and Milan. The team rates about 140 corporate issuers, with about 15-20 new issuers receiving a rating in each year of the past two. Leveraged finance accounts for about 80% of new rating activity at present.
The Impact: Standard and Poor's is seeking an individual with a background in financial/credit analysis to join its Consumer and Healthcare (Corporate ratings) team in our Paris office. Background in accounting and audit would be an advantage. Understanding of high yield markets and leverage bond and loan documentation would be a further differentiating factor. An individual in this role will be a key contributor to rating surveillance and new rating assignments, as well as industry research.
Based in Paris, the position is expected to support rating analytical capability of an established team of 5 analysts, collectively responsible for more than 60 rated issuers. The team also includes the Country Lead for corporate ratings in France, and requires additional analytical support in respect of following corporate credit trends in that market.
What’s in it for you: The candidate will have the potential to quickly gain an understanding of Standard & Poor’s rating methodology, policies and procedures as well as knowledge of qualitative and quantitative aspects of corporate ratings analysis. Day-to-day responsibilities will provide direct exposure to a variety of corporate credit situations, from Europe-based multinationals, to financial sponsor-owned and emerging markets-focused companies.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities will initially focus on reviewing financial reporting of rated companies, summarizing recent market and company-specific developments, and supporting team analysts with ad-hoc research. The first 6 months will also include intensive training on S&P Global Ratings criteria and methodology in order to progress to more advanced analytical tasks, such as analyzing the business risks of debt issuers.
What We’re Looking For: We are looking for a candidate that has some working experience from a corporate finance perspective.
You will have:
- Analytical mindset and good attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A strong and demonstrable interest in corporate finance
- Familiarity with financial modelling
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English
- Some experience in the field of corporate finance, corporate lending or audit
- The successful candidate should be able to work independently within a team and multi-cultural environment
- A degree in Finance/Economics or another relevant subject area, such as Accounting
- Good knowledge of computer software typically used in an office environment, in particular Excel
- Knowledge of credit analysis mechanisms, accounting principles, ability to understand legal and financial documentation