S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Software Developer II
The Location: Hyderabad, India
The SPGMI Mobile app development team is passionate about mobile technologies and develops deploys to app store & supports SPGMI mobile apps built for iOS and Android platforms. Team has expertise in developing native iOS and Android app as well as hybrid app. Team developers possess experience and skill in building Native as well as Cross-platform apps. The team has knowledge of the business industry targeted by mobile projects and is well-versed in management, development methodologies mobile per se. Team is responsible for App consistency and ensures app matches the business requirement describe in the specification documents.
Team works within Agile project execution framework and members collaborate with cross-functional teams, Product owner, BAs to define, design and ship new features.
As a member of Mobile app development team, developer is responsible for app’s technical architecture. Since we support iOS and Android platforms developer will be asked to develop and support either of the platforms based on the project and business requirements. In this role you will be coding innovative mobile financial applications and will be engaged in all phases of the development cycle including, technical research, design, working closely with Product owner, designers, collaborating with other teams to make application and service work together, debugging/troubleshooting, fixing defects and supporting QA team.
What’s in it for you:
- Become part of a fortune 500 company.
- Work with the global leader in financial information and analytics.
- Improve your knowledge and skills sets by working on enterprise level applications, products and technologies.
- Enhance your talent as a Business Analyst in a challenging, global, collaborative working environment.
- Develop and Support Mobile apps for iOS and Android platforms.
- Build porotypes for new concepts and features.
- Update and review development/project status, risks and issues.
- Triage technical issues and led teams towards solving problems.
- Quick iterations
- Complete development assignments on time with high level of quality and documentation.
- Support project releases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent program.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- Expertise in developing mobile apps.
- Programming experience on Android and iOS platforms.
Required Personal and Technical skills
- Deep experience in mobile app development for iOS and Android platforms
- Should have hands-on experience in all stages of Mobile app life cycle - concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support.
- Experience on web service integration.
- Strong UI design skills, Responsive Web Design as an approach
- Use of Agile delivery methods
- Experience in implementing Web Applications and Web Services in .NET technologies is a plus.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
- Strong communication, people skills and team work skills