S&P Global Market Intelligence (“SPGMI”) is seeking a commercially-minded lawyer to join its Legal team as an Assistant General Counsel based in London, focusing primarily on negotiating and drafting commercial contracts. The individual will provide legal advice and support for the Europe, Middle East and Africa regions. This position requires the ability to manage demands of the sales and business organization while ensuring policies and procedures relating to the contract process are followed.
- Negotiating, drafting and advising on commercial contracts including service agreements, distribution agreements, customer contracts, software licenses, amendments, order forms, NDAs, consultancy agreements, and marketing agreements.
- Working directly with internal and external clients in the contract negotiation process, including ensuring that sales and business comply with company’s processes and guidelines.
- Undertaking legal reviews of tenders, data/software vendor agreements.
- Developing, updating and maintaining various boilerplates/standard forms.
- Delivering legal and best practice training to the business.
- Providing general legal advice and support to SPGMI divisions (both client facing and back office teams).
- Working with legal colleagues globally, in London, Asia-Pacific and the United States, on legal initiatives and projects.
- Participating in the development and implementation of corporate wide policies, compliance and strategies.
Required Skills & Experience
- Solicitor (UK qualified) with 4+ years of PQE in drafting, negotiating and advising on commercial agreements in either law firm or in-house legal position (in-house experience desirable).
- Strong interpersonal, organisational, and verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues in a simple and commercial manner.
- Pro-active and the ability to think outside the box in order to provide solutions.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks, and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of French or German language is desirable.