S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Senior Specialist, Events Operations
The Impact: As a member of the Marketing Department, you will provide event operational support for S&P Global live events and webinars to a worldwide audience of customers and prospects. You will highlight the breadth of our brand, executing events that feature our essential intelligence while providing the best-in-class attendee experience.
The Team: The Strategic Events team supports the Marketing Team as they strive to positively influence pipeline, drive client engagement and build brand through creative marketing programs, differentiated channel management and operational excellence on achieving their sales, renewal and retention goals. We are a highly-collaborative, creative, dynamic, groundbreaking global team who work together on key initiatives to drive program content.
- Develop and execute events and conferences: Includes site selection, registration, attendee communications, audio visual, banqueting, technology, etc.
- Source, negotiate and manage contracts and vendors
- Manage our presence at third party events, ensuring our brand is represented and leads have been obtained
- Execute regional thought leadership and client education webinars
- Manage the event registration process by using the available systems to build registration websites and communicate with registrants
- Support the marketing team in the creation of booth equipment, promotional items and collateral
- Manage onsite registration and coordinates all onsite logistics such as catering and A/V needs with the venue
- Track and manage event budgets and conduct final expense reconciliation
- Partner with marketing leads, as well as commercial and product teams to ensure success based on KPIs for each event
- Effectively communicate with on-site staff and key stakeholders for all events
- Ensure customer expectations are at the center of the events we produce
- Negotiate sponsorship, vendor and venue agreements that advance our strategic priorities
Minimum and Preferred Education
- Bachelor Degree.
Minimum and Preferred Experience/Skills
- 3-5 years event planning experience required
- Ability to travel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to manage multiple events in a fast-paced environment
- Proven administrative, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
To all recruitment agencies; S&P does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.