S&P Global Market Intelligence
PURPOSE: S&P Global Market Intelligence - Application Specialist Associates are responsible for developing analytical financial products related to corporate finance, equity and fixed income markets, and mergers & acquisition analysis. They provide in-depth analytical capability and expertise around client adoption efforts for our Excel Plug-in and Enterprise solutions. The Associate is also charged with leveraging expertise to play a greater role in sales and client development and thought leadership.
- Be an expert for a specific product specialty with the specific mission of understanding and showing how the product capability solves market problems.
- Meet with users to understand needs and conduct training.
- Implement Excel and Enterprise solutions, perform product configuration and integration as part of onboarding new clients and winning new business.
- Provide outstanding customer interaction and service on all engagements.
Sales & Client Development
- Work with clients and prospects in conjunction with sales teams on qualified opportunities to highlight our capabilities and close business.
- Provide research and analysis as part of input to RFPs
- Act as a corporate finance expert to the organization
- Design and develop Presentations that enhance and ease our client’s workflows
- Provide insight into best practices for industry participants and how S&P Global Market Intelligence solutions can be leveraged for best practices.
OTHER REQUIRED ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Close interaction with S&P Global Market Intelligence's Sales team to support sales and respond to finance and product-related client inquiries
- Analyzing, creating and reviewing detailed financial models and feeds
- Attending client meetings, many of which are with the leading investment banks, hedge funds and private equity firms in the industry
- This position will be primarily responsible for our Excel Plug-In and Feed capabilities, with the objective to get tens of thousands of users using our such solutions.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 1-3 years in the financial services industry in an analytical capacity
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent, preferred
- Exceptional mastery of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word in particular)
- Basic knowledge of VBA, HTML (depending on the division) & communication skills
- Close familiarity with financial and accounting principles
- Close familiarity with valuation methods, such as discounted cash flow, comparable company, precedent transaction, and leveraged buyout models
- Highly proficient both in English and Chinese- written and verbal
- Excellent analytical capabilities, with a solid background in accounting, corporate finance, and financial modeling
- A strong ability to communicate ideas in a team environment and across departments
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-based environment
- Ability to work in a matrixed organizational structure
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients in a timely manner under minimal guidance
- Established relationship-building and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
To all recruitment agencies; S&P does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.