The Role: The Channel Account Manager is responsible for ensuring each of the Platts partners to which he/she is assigned has the best Platts experience. In addition to being the stewards of the partner relationships within their given territory, each Channel Account Manager will also be responsible for coordinating regional cross-company sales and marketing activities, sales enablement, product training/education and sales leadership and executive meetings.
The Impact: Ultimately, the Channel Account Manager is responsible for driving net-new incremental sales with our distribution partners through the effective deployment of regional and partner-specific sales and marketing plans which align and leverage key Platts resources with the set of partners assigned.
Your Skills: Successful candidate should have experience in a regional or global indirect channel sales and/or channel management role with successful demonstration of ability to meet and/or exceed targets in a sell-through environment.
- The Channel Account Manager will be responsible for generating and deploying a regional channel management plan that ensures Platts’ is maximizing the commercial relationships with each of its key selling partners in the territory. Driving net-new incremental sales through the alignment of key partner sales resources and Platts sales resources in the territory.
- In addition, this role will be responsible for identifying, prospecting, recruiting and on-boarding new partners to refer or distribute Platts products through the effective deployment of the regional channel management plan.
- Responsibilities also include alignment of key Platts resources with the partner including Sales Reps, Sales Leadership, Marketing, Finance, Support and Executives. Developing Go-to-Market plans for each of the partners in their territory and ensuring the efficient execution of those plans and utilization of local and global Platts resources.
- The Channel Account Manager will be the primary point of contact for each partner within the given territory and will be responsible for escalation of partner related issues and will be the primary point of contact for such issues as sales conflict within the territory
On-going Partner Management, Marketing & Enablement
- Serve as the primary point of contact for each of the partners located in the territory and for the local offices of the global partners.
- Coordinate between partner and Platts marketing and sales departments to ensure that Platts is leveraging all available sales and marketing assets to promote the sales and use of Platts products to the partner’s end-user community.
- Ensure communication of Platts product portfolio to the partner sales teams.
- Leverage Platts training and education curriculum to ensure partners have adequate sales enablement on the full depth of Platts products.
- Develop regional channel account plan outlining the key steps and milestones that will be used to ensure Platts’ is maximizing marketing and selling efforts with the partners in the territory.
Lead Generation and Sales
- Work closely with the sales teams at each of the regional channel partners in the territory as well as the local offices of our global partners to identify and close net-new sales opportunities for Platts products, growing partner-contributed revenue.
- Each opportunity should be properly registered in the appropriate lead registration tools and CRM and be properly associated with the partner who originated the opportunity and collect all other pertinent information as required.
- Foster strong sales engagement between the Platts sales teams and the partner sales teams
Regional Channel Development Plan and Partner Account Plan Development
- Working with the Head of Channels, the Channel Program Director and local Sales Leadership, the Channel Account Manager will develop a Regional Channel Development Plan that aligns with the goals of the territory.
- Develop and execute a go-to-market plan for each of the partners in the given territory.
Partner Account Records Maintenance
- Utilize Platts CRM system to enter, update and maintain accurate partner account record details.
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly or annual sales quotas/goals.
- Represent Company and its products at conferences at trade shows as needed.
- Demonstrate sufficient Platts product, technical and energy market knowledge.
- Participate in regular product, technical, systems and customer support trainings as required.
- Any additional duties/tasks that may be assigned by management.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in a regional or global indirect channel sales and/or channel management role with successful demonstration of ability to meet and/or exceed targets in a sell-through environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills as well as ability to articulate complex product information to sophisticated sales teams, prospects and/or customers both in person and via phone.
- Mandarin language skills is an essential need, to manage the markets in portfolio of partners
- Ability to interact at a senior level with key executives both at Platts and the partner organizations.
- Ability to sense and manage channel conflict in a manner conducive to fostering strong relationships
- Strong organizational and time management skills coupled with the ability to embrace change.
- Pipeline management skills in the CRM environment required.
- Commodities and energy industry knowledge a plus.
- Ability to travel, 30%+ within the territory.
- College degree preferred
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.