The Role: As a Data Researcher in Investments your main task is to conduct primary research on the Private Equity & Venture Capital industry by contacting leading industry professionals mainly in Emirates and East African region via direct phone and e-mail campaigns.
The Location: This position is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
The Team: The Investments Team primarily focuses on maintaining and updating profiles of Private Equity and Venture Capital firms. With global coverage, we aim to deliver research, content, and analytics about the public and private capital markets to investment banks, investment managers and alternative investment firms. The team also establishes relationships with Private Equity Firms to gather rare insights about public & private investments, exits, and investment strategies. This effort is coupled with our real time monitoring of global industry trade publications and websites/news aggregators to cover and track all public/private investment markets.
The Impact: Content teams are the operational backbone of our company and are pivotal to its success. Investments is an important data-set where you’ll have the opportunity to work with leading C-level investment professionals and executives and hold conversations to identify financial, corporate and non-public information. This information will be reflected in our product offering.
The Career Opportunity: Our Company prides itself in being an equal opportunity employer and a result faced meritocracy. We set high standards and value accountability for all. At the same time, we seek to identify and reward extraordinary performance with growth opportunities. Based on planned growth & initiatives, you have an opportunity to emerge to more specialized roles and act as a resource for the team.
What your day to day tasks would be:
- You will be building and maintaining relationships with external contacts as a means to actively track information on data set of Investments. Clients will be majorly based in UAE and East African region.
- Assisting in resolving client questions as it relates to verifying information via company contacts and assisting in audits on department data-sets to reduce errors.
- Procuring comprehensive related to data tracked by the department.
- Coordinating with content teams for entry of data and follow-up questions.
- Keeping up-to-date in knowledge of content sets. Build industry knowledge where applicable.
- Reviewing feedback involving the content to help correct errors and establish or refine procedures and processes to improve accuracy.
Shift: This is a permanent night shift job.
- Strong hold on Arabic language(reading plus basic level of spoken) along with top notch communication skills in English language
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and customer orientation
- Ability to deliver strong presentations over phone and persuade investment professionals to share deal information data with S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Knowledge of Finance with areas including private equity, portfolios, investment strategies, public/private companies, ventures, IPOs, angel investors etc.
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Overall a positive work attitude
Education Requirements: BBA & MBA Finance, BS and MS A&F, and/or relevant experience required.
Experience Requirements: 0 to 2 years. Previous work experience in telemarketing, telesales and/or customer service role is preferred.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.