Director, Client Strategy, Americas
- Responsible for developing and building meaningful and lasting relationships with key and influential customer contacts (including C-level).
- Responsible for being a thought leader within both Platts and the industry.
- Responsible for mentoring others within Platts to help understand how customers use and derive value from Platts’ products. Expected to lead and mentor sales staff within our team.
- This person should be seen by Platts’ customers as the go-to person to discuss key industry issues.
- Perpetually builds new key contacts and establishes a presence across the whole of the client's business units based on their knowledge of the market.
- Communicate potential client and market shifts, changes or reactions, as well as client needs back to appropriate levels with Platts.
- Continuously maintain investigative and collaborative contact with customers for the purpose of seeking actionable client feedback to support customer-centric product development efforts.
- Introduce Platts executive leadership team members to key customer executives.
- Collaborate with the wider Platts team (sales, marketing, product, analytics and editorial) to ensure all are working towards the Strategic Accounts’ business strategy.
- Develop Account Plans based on customer needs and oversee plan implementation.
- Utilize market background to discuss product ideas from a customer’s viewpoint.
- Monitor and report on the health of the relationship between Platts and Strategic Accounts.
- Financial and general business acumen. Strategic thinking.
- Experience in a front, middle, back office, or strategy role at an IOG, commodity trading company or similar.
- In depth understanding of energy markets and commodity business.
- Understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the front, mid, back offices, analysts, strategy, credit etc.
- Very strong planning and organizational skills, able to prioritize.
- Demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining relationships with senior and C-level executives. The ideal candidate will bring with them existing relationships within some of our Strategic Accounts.
- Work with Product Management to use customer feedback and analytical insights in the formation of new products/solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation (verbal/ written) skills, especially executive level presentation skills.
- Previous use of Platts, Pira or Bentek products is preferred.
- Previous use of Reuters, Bloomberg, GlobalView, DTN or other real-time services is preferred.
- Superior customer relationship management skills, proven ability to develop multiple level of relationships within an account of a strategic nature.
- Competent with systems (Salesforce, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Travelling required around the region at least once or twice a month.
Job ID :
Posted On :
Houston, TX US