The Role: S&P Global Platts are seeking intern candidates that will be involved in supporting program metrics for training and testing in the Content Group. The intern will help to develop critical data reporting processes to deliver program metrics to program stakeholders. Interns will also be involved in project based work supporting the business with its key initiatives.
The Location: Houston, TX
- Our real-time news, pricing and analytical services help markets operate with transparency and efficiency.
- Work with a dynamic and engaging business to help design and deliver the learning tools and activities that support a rapidly changing environment as the way that S&P Global. Platts produces and delivers content to its customers evolves
- Be part of a global company with a strong history of growth and a globally diverse workforce with 20 offices spanning five continents.
- Get the best of both worlds: a nimble, highly specialized company and a business casual culture with the benefits and backing of S&P Global – a company that fosters development and growth, as well as work-life balance.
- We are looking for world-class thinkers to join our team at S&P Global Platts, the principal provider of commodity price assessment and information to more than 10,000 customers in 150 countries. The content you support and the relationships you build are essential to the markets.
What’s in it for you:
- 10-week summer internship commencing in June 2018
- Learn how to partner with multiple stakeholders to deliver relevant and engaging performance indicators.
- Develop database and dashboard to track key performance indicators
- Support learning processes across for content staff
- Be part of a truly global team: helping to meet the learning needs of staff across the globe.
- Opportunity for hands-on experience delivering classroom training sessions to different audiences
- Unlimited access to an extensive learning library via Lynda.com/Linkedin Learning to enhance your own learning.
The Team/The Business: You will be part of a global team in Platts Content Programs, which is part of the business but works closely with central HR and Talent Development teams.
- Help develop data reporting processes for key program
- Help shape solutions for tracking key performance indicators
- Help deliver training to learners including on our graduate trainee program
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA preferred
- Ideal candidate will have an undergraduate or graduate degree completed by spring 2020.
- All degrees welcome: concentration in Business/Human Resource related disciplines, Journalism or energy-related disciplines an advantage
- A passion for learning
- Strong communication (good verbal skills, listening techniques, and a clear, concise writing style)
- Able to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Understand importance of building strong relationships and partnering with team members
- Problem-solving, time-management, attention to detail & organizational abilities to work efficiently with clients
- Significant comfort level with suite of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint Excel)
About S&P Global Platts:
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.