The Role: Application Associate - GIS will perform operational mapping tasks and extensive cartographic work, and will involve extensive communication across numerous departments as well as direct contact with clients. They will create custom maps using GIS software for news, research articles, clients, and other special projects. The Analyst will also be the subject matter expert to answer client questions regarding company’s web-based mapping platform.
The Location: To be based in 6750 Office in Makati.
The Impact: The position will be able to contribute to the team and company in a meaningful way. They will be integrated into a group with high expectations and can expect to have a meaningful impact. This position as an Analyst is critical as it is the link between the end-user and our products. Combining an expertise in our products with a deep understanding of who our clients are and how they use our tools, the Analyst is a consultant providing best and most efficient way for our clients to achieve quality results.
The Career Opportunity: This position will be working with multiple levels on the team. There is the potential for advancement, learning and overall career development depending on individual performance and company need.The Team / The Business: The Analyst will have the opportunity to work within a global team setting that contributes directly to a client base to ensure client satisfaction.
- Create detailed custom maps for news articles and other publications.
- Create and maintain internal reference maps.
- Perform demonstrations for clients of S&P’s mapping application.
- Provide assistance to the supervisor for other relevant geospatial projects.
- Provide the highest level of product support to S&P's client base.
- Lead user acceptance testing efforts within area of focus to ensure that S&P’s products meet the highest standard for client experience.
- Troubleshoot problems or issues and provide meaningful feedback to co-workers.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in Geography, or related field..
- Required skill(s): Must be knowledgeable in Geospatial data collection, analysis, and conversion with ESRI products (ArcMap, AcToolBox, ArcInfo, ArcIMS, etc.). Web mapping experience preferred..
- Must have excellent client communication skills.
- At least 1 year of working experience in the related field is preferred; fresh graduates can be considered.
- Must be willing to work in Makati and on a night shift schedule.