The Role: Information Platforms Project Manager / Business Analyst
The Location: Charlottesville, VA or Denver, CO
The Information Platforms team is responsible for the management and improvements of the Business Applications that drive the S&P Global Market Intelligence division. Our team leads many internal applications including Salesforce, Order to Cash, Order Fulfillment, Reporting and Workflow tools. This group is responsible for the strategic evolution of Market Intelligence's portfolio of internal information applications, platforms and operational processes. The team partners closely with all internal departments to define and deliver innovative and differentiated solutions. You will have the opportunity every single day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe.
The Impact: As Project Manager, you will contribute to the achievement of Information Platforms team objectives. You will lead project efforts that directly affect our critical internal systems, with a great deal of autonomy.
What’s in it for you:
You enjoy working to break down and solve complex problems by creating practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions. You're a great person that willingly collaborates, listens, and cares about your peers. This position will enable you to interact with an Agile team of in-house Salesforce professionals from around the world. We are in search of a highly motivated Project Manager / Business Analyst who is excited about utilizing their technical project management skills to lead projects from conception to completion in an Agile environment across multiple CRM teams.
- Have the opportunity to further develop your project management skills within a dynamic, global organization.
- Have ample opportunity to work with senior leaders in a fast-moving company.
- Build efficient processes and work to improve critical platforms which are relied upon by many internal departments.
- Build on your experience with keeping multiple projects moving while managing stakeholder expectations.
- Manage projects for from an Agile perspective end-to-end
- Act as Agile Scrum Master, facilitate meetings including Daily Scrum, Retrospectives and meetings with other teams
- Dig in to complicated technical details surrounding software product requirements
- Work with and guide our Product Owners to fill in technical gaps in requirements
- Eliminate impediments which are beyond the teams responsibilities to protect the team so they can stay focused on their development work
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Have proven experience leading technology projects;
- Be a master of identifying, tracking, and managing dependencies;
- Be able to work independently and make appropriate decisions;
- Have the skills necessary to know when to adjust a process to best serve the project needs;
- Have strong communication skills, as well as experience collaborating with partners across an organization.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3-5 years of related project management experience
- BA/BS in a relevant field (business or technology) or experience, with understanding of the financial services industry
- Strong Critical Thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with individuals at all levels in the organization and demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional project teams
- Ability to independently set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum including Agile metrics and reporting techniques
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills (presentation, active listening, ability to build consensus, and support across functions and at all levels)
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.