S&P Global Ratings
The Role: As an analyst covering a portfolio of governments and other public sector entities in Greater China, you will perform in-depth credit analysis and deliver analytical insight to internal and external audiences in an international working environment.
The Impact: You will provide key stakeholders with our value-added “credit story” on governments and related entities through insightful opinions and strong analysis.
Your Skills: You have genuine interest in analyzing local and regional governments, initiative in solving problems and good sense of compliance. Bachelor degree is required, and a Masters or CFA is preferable. A good understanding of the government sector or a background in economics/credit analysis is expected. Strong communication skills are required.
- Act as the primary analyst of a portfolio of government ratings with a focus on Greater China
- Conduct analytical meetings with government officials and senior management of related entities
- Analyze pertinent information and data necessary for rating assignments
- Articulate analytical findings and recommendations in a logical and coherent manner
- Produce entity specific reports and support the production of industry commentaries in a fast paced environment with publication deadlines
- Represent the company to deliver analytical presentations to rating users
- Contribute in global and regional analytical projects and working groups
- Demonstrate service excellence and professionalism towards external and internal clients
- Bachelor degree holder of Finance, Economics or a related subject
- Holder of CFA Designation is preferable
- 5 - 8 years of hands-on analytical experience as a credit analyst, equity research or a relevant research job function in the financial services industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Good knowledge of Asia’s financial markets, governmental systems and regulatory environment
- Strong numeric skills with knowledge in financial analysis and accounting
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, global, multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-changing, global and regulated environment
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.
For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.