The S&P Global Market Intelligence marketing team is composed of creative and enthusiastic B2B marketing professionals located around the world. As part of the Commercial organization – with strong partnership to Product – we focus on building brand awareness and driving front-end pipeline. We value teamwork, drive ideas with data, and execute in a meaningful way to our internal stakeholders and external clients. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. It is crucial that you thrive in a fast-paced, performance-based culture to be successful within our organization.
S&P Global Market Intelligence’s Segment Marketing Specialists are producers of key marketing materials that support our division’s promotional activities. This role will work under the direction of a Marketing Director, and in partnership with Product Managers, to write marketing copy and execute global initiatives that build brand awareness and generate demand for our Supply Chain data and solutions including creating and delivering annual marketing plans to support the Non-Financial Corporates segment’s key strategic objectives. This role will also support the integration and go-to-market strategy for a recent acquisition.
The ideal candidate will possess B2B marketing experience and demonstrate a keen interest in financial services. Strong written and presentation communication skills are critical, as is the ability to be a strong individual contributor. The candidate must demonstrate their ability to craft compelling product messaging and leverage the full complement of print and digital marketing channels. Familiarity with the Supply Chain workflow and marketing platforms such as Marketo and Salesforce is an advantage. Familiarity with financial information platforms such as S&P Capital IQ or Market Intelligence is a plus.
• Acts as a strategic partner to Commerical and Product team members to develop annual Supply Chain marketing plans and write / produce marketing collateral and campaign assets aligned to the business’ growth strategy.
• Maintain a consistent understanding of S&P Global Market Intelligence’s solutions and the competitive landscape to draft persona-based copy.
• Create and manage web and social media content assets, and SEO and SEM programs.
• Utilize Marketo to build email campaigns that reach target segments and nurture leads towards conversion.
• Partner with Events Marketing to ensure events are appropriately staffed and reflect our brand; set and proactively collect event ROI metrics.
• Partner with other S&P Global divisions; identify synergies and opportunities to collaborate.
• Leverage global content from internal thought leaders and recommend new topics to enhance client and prospect engagement for S&P Global Market Intelligence’s solutions.
• Create and maintain an inventory of assets to be used for sales enablement and events.
• Seek ways to improve key marketing metrics such as campaign response rates, event attendance rates, feedback scores, quality of leads, thought leadership awareness, new content/product/service introduction and adoption, and brand awareness building.
• A desire to roll up your sleeves — on day 1.
• Bachelor’s degree (Marketing, Communications, Business or related field preferred)
• Minimum 3 years in a marketing or communications role, or similar experience; B2B financial services experience a plus
• Foundational understanding of the industries and markets covered by S&P Global Market Intelligence
• Experience writing persona-driven messaging that clearly communicates solutions’ benefits and USP
• Experience leveraging print, digital, social, and event channels to drive B2B marketing campaigns
• Strong presentation skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Familiarity with Salesforce CRM and Marketo marketing automation desired - vast knowledge of developing nurture track campaigns an advantage