The Role: Are you ready to begin a career in financial research? S&P Global is seeking an inquisitive and high-energy team member to advance the research and tracking of corporate financial information.
Location: Centennial, CO
The Impact: Do you love data? With over 99% of the global market capitalization covered, our database provides comprehensive and consistently reliable global coverage for more complete analysis, backed by a 100% quality guarantee. As a Data Researcher, you will play a meaningful role in maintaining and growing this dataset that is used to make critical decisions every single day.
The Team: Are you a great teammate? This collaborative team of 60+ analysts is on the leading-edge of improving client workflows by ensuring the highest standards of data quality and staying in front of the ever-changing environment of financial accounting standards. In this team, you can prepare for a wide variety of career paths including subject-matter expertise, workflow management, and quality assurance.
What's in it for you?
- Develop your analytical skills and research abilities with the support and assistance of our mentorship program.
- Explore a highly-rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards.
- Work with industry-leading analysts and experts.
- Standardize and evaluate annual and quarterly corporate financial data, including main financial statements and supplemental information.
- Validate and collect substantial amounts of information quickly and efficiently to ensure timely release of data essential to subscribers.
- Collaborate with colleagues to solve problems, share feedback, and maintain consistent workflow standards.
- Display a real passion for accuracy and dedication to detail in support our 100% data quality guarantee to clients.
What we're looking for:
- Deep understanding of Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow statements and how they interrelate.
- Ability to simplify complex topics and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work a significant amount of extra hours during peak reporting seasons.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience with data entry a big advantage
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.