Infrastructure Architect - Server Hosting
The Role: Infrastructure Architect - Server Hosting
The Location: Charlottesville or Richmond, VA or Centennial, CO
- Serves as the senior most technical member of the organization tower, providing guidance and setting direction for architectural and strategic activities
- Works with both onsite and remote teams to ensure that high-quality solutions are delivered in a timely fashion
- Mentors engineering and/or infrastructure teams in best practices with a focus on delivering consistently high-quality solutions with supporting test cases and documentation
- Performs proof-of-concept work such as evaluating technology products and solutions that may provide value to the organization
- Works ahead of the teams in terms of planning and architecting solutions, while documenting findings and transitioning work to the core engineering teams or vendor for production implementation
- Develops and delivers long-term strategic goals for technology infrastructure services architecture vision and standards in conjunction with Service Provider(s), data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Creates short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall technology management roadmap.
- Develops and maintains architectural governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing technology across the organization.
- Develops and promotes technology management methodologies and standards.
- Defines requirements for implementing the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support appropriate technology goals.
- Defines requirements to address technology-related problems in regards to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration.
- Conducts technology life cycle, duration, usage requirements, feasibility studies, and other tasks.
- Acts as a leader and advocate of technology management, including coaching, training, and career development to staff.
- Liaison with vendors and Service Providers to select the products or services that best meet company goals.
- Identifies and develops plans for technology migration or retirement.
- Ensures technology strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance.
- Creates and maintains infrastructure services technology roadmaps.
- Experience delivering solutions in a complex, globally distributed infrastructure
- Broad technology experience and demonstrable experience solving complex performance problems that may relate to other areas of technology (e.g. information security, storage, LAN, WAN)
- Experience delivering solutions in a hybrid cloud environment that spans public clouds and on-premises data centers to virtualize infrastructure and move workloads between environments to meet business objectives
- Expertise with both Linux and Windows technologies and their use in delivering secure, highly available, mission critical enterprise-class solutions
- Demonstrable experience delivering automation and other optimization techniques to modernize legacy infrastructure
- Experience in the financial markets a strong benefit
- Deep technical understanding of compute architecture and engineering best practices
- Ability to work hands-on with technology solutions
- Experience building distributed architectures
- Stays up-to-date with IT Operations trends and new best practices and methodologies, including ITIL.
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
- Excellent knowledge of the best available tools, software, applications, and systems for attaining best-in-class IT technology across the enterprise.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing and implementing strategic IT technologies and their processes, procedures, and decision support.
- Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Excellent technical leader with proven, extensive experience in multiple technical infrastructure design areas and in technology management.
- Excellent understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Solid grounding in core enterprise applications.
- Excellent technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards.
- Expert knowledge of infrastructure services.
- A successful track record in project definition and technical management.
- Background in varied technologies such as telecommunications, client server architectures, electronic commerce infrastructures, enterprise and workgroup server platforms, Web applications, portals, etc.
- Ability to create constructive relationships, influence, and communicate (to project team, IT management, and non-technical staff).
- Ability to lead complex, cross-functional problem-solving initiatives.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional understanding of the Client’s goals and objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Proven ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Promoting a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
Job ID :
Posted On :
Charlottesville, VA US