The Role: S&P Global Market Intelligence, a premier sector-focused news and financial information provider, is looking for a DevOps / Release Engineer to join the IT Services team in our Richmond, VA office.
The Impact: You will apply your technical knowledge and leadership skills to help craft the automation surrounding server configuration and code based continuous integration and deployments that will support our organizations products and services.
The Career Opportunity: This position provides a tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally in this role. You will have the chance to create solutions based on industry best practices and use your critical thinking skills to overcome challenges. You will work with a team of highly skilled professionals who are committed to operational excellence.
The Team / The Business: Our Release Engineering team is responsible for engineering automation solutions for application and database code build and deployments, and server configurations. This team interacts with people from a wide variety of backgrounds across the entire organization and are able to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe.
- Programmatically automate server configuration, software builds, testing and deployments
- Work with development teams providing deployment services from initial development through production deployments
- Continuously improve and refactor the tools and code our team builds and maintains
- Participate in regular after-hours and weekend production deployments
- Document work for cross-training purposes within the team and craft partner documentation and training
- Work with various teams (DEV, QA, MIS, PMO, Product) in a cross-functional manner
- Regularly attend operations team meetings and project scrum meetings
Experience and proficiency with a variety of System tools including:
- 4+ years experience in automation scripting/programming (PowerShell, Bash, Groovy, Python)
- Experience using version control (SVN, TFS, GIT) in a collaborative code environment
- Experience with server configuration automation (Salt, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with continuous integration toolsets (Jenkins, TFS, VSTS)
- Experience troubleshooting code compile issues and exceptions (often unfamiliar code)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- Familiarity with Agile and LEAN principles
Please note:This position is limited to individuals who will not require company sponsorship now or in the future for continued work authorization.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.