The Role : Internal Wholesaler - Investment Advisory Services
The Location : Boston, MA
The Team: The Internal Wholesaler candidate will work in an internal sales team supporting SPIAS’ Regional Investment Consultant team. In this role you will generate new business and support current relationships in the financial intermediary market through leads and call campaigns. You will be tasked with discussing investment strategies available on Managed Account programs. The Internal Wholesalers will develop and maintain relationships with Financial Advisors and wholesalers to promote the use of SPIAS’ capabilities (e.g. multi-manager strategies and equity strategies).
This role matters because we have significantly grown our potential advisor/client pool over the past few months and are in need of internal support to help us manage the new opportunities. You will work to “co-pilot” the sales effort in a given geographic region/regions.
What’s in it for you:
- Learning/Education Opportunity – Gain insights and have direct contact with thought leaders of the investment world.
- Creative Thinking Opportunity - Opportunity to partner and strategize with a RIC as you both see fit.
- Career Opportunity - to grow and ultimately obtain your own territory
- Proactively contact wholesalers and financial advisors to discuss investment strategies to gather more assets into existing SPIAS investment strategies
- Develop thorough understanding of key accounts, products, platforms, structures, SPIAS investment strategies, and competitive landscape
- Collaborate with marketing and sales to develop campaigns to increase awareness of SPIAS’ investment strategies to gather and retain assets, and cultivate new clients
- Document and follow up on sales leads generated by SPIAS’ Regional Investment Consultant team and website
- Help SPIAS Regional Investment Consultant team coordinate conference calls with wholesalers and financial advisors to discuss SPIAS investment strategies
- Prepare weekly action plan and manage it daily to determine each day's call plan
- Ensure compliance with internal and external rules, policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirement
- Maintain and update CRM (Salesforce.com) system with relevant activities
What We’re Looking For :
- Strong presentation, communication, and organization skills
- Solid planning, writing, presentation skills, and client-service focus
- Minimum of 1-3 years related experience in asset management industry in a sales or wholesaling function – ideally working at a Third Party Investment Strategist or Turnkey Asset Management Program firm
- Knowledge of asset allocation strategies and equity strategies or experience with the sales of other financial products – Mutual Funds, Fund of Funds, ETFs, Separately Managed Accounts, Variable Annuities
- Strong Understand of how investment product manufacturers (e.g. Insurers, Asset Managers, Turnkey Asset Management Programs) interact with distributors (e.g. Broker Dealers, RIAs)
- Possesses consultative, intuitive and dynamic problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com a plus
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.