The Role: Data Sales Director
The Location: New York, NY
The Team: Client Coverage team within S&P Dow Jones Indices (SPDJI) is responsible for overall relationship management with our clients, including but not limited to, commercialization of our intellectual property and data AND the relevant contract/commercial negotiations.
The Impact: As part of an organization-wide emphasis on standardizing our data subscriptions and the subsequent validation of proper usage of such subscriptions, this role will play a vital role in that effort. Ultimately, the goal is to achieve full coverage on all data usage irrespective of how the data is being applied.
What’s in it for you: It will be a great opportunity for you to work in a dynamic environment in a fast growing indexing industry and to interact with the most innovative, cutting edge financial product sponsors.
- Research and identify regions/clients/prospects that are either subscribing to our data and/or looking to do so. This can be achieved either through independent research or in collaboration with the exciting sales reps that already cover certain regions/clients.
- Engage the identified clients/prospects and determine how they are using our data and in certain instances determine what their needs are and how we can arrange those services. Face to face meeting is always preferred.
- Report the findings back to management and structure a solution for the clients.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
- At least 10+ years of experience in a sales role, preferably related to the asset management industry
- Strong verbal and written skills; strong communicator; ability to push back with respect
- Experience reviewing and managing sales agreements (intellectual property, DUA)
- Sound understanding of benchmark indices and how they are applied to the asset management.
- Willingness to travel extensively within the U.S.
- An independent self-starter; ability to work individually and within a team
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We’re the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law
Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.