The Role: Director/ Associate Director, Ratings Analytical (Insurance)
The Location: Hong Kong
The Impact: You will provide key stakeholders with our value-added “credit story” on insurance companies and markets through insightful opinions and strong analysis.
What’s in it for you: You will analyze a portfolio of insurance companies Asia. This position involves meeting with issuers and investors on analytical matters, assisting in resolving client needs, leading market education efforts, and taking the lead at external meetings related to credits.
Your Skills: You will have proven leadership and critical thinking skills, and a track record of covering credits in Asia. Bachelor degree is required. Actuarial background, advanced degree or CFA charter is preferable. You ideally have prior credit analytics experience covering the life and non-life insurance and reinsurance sectors.
- Conducting analysis on insurance companies (life, non-life and reinsurance), making recommendations and presenting to rating committees; at the same time ensuring that analytical guidelines, quality standards, procedures and policies established are adhered to.
- Acting as a senior member of rating committees and being responsible for convening and conducting of rating committee deliberations in area of expertise, including acting as the rating committee chair and assuring the integrity of the rating process. Participate as an active, vocal voting member of the committee.
- Drafting press releases, company-specific reports, and industry commentaries in a fast-paced environment with publication deadlines
- Effectively communicating to clients S&P Global Ratings methodology and procedures
- Continuous monitoring of operating performance of rated companies, including reviews of public filings and private information supplied by issuers, and participation in client meetings
- Being a senior representative in meetings with issuers and investors on analytical matters and assisting in resolving clients' analytical needs
- Contributing to S&P Global Ratings global and regional analytical forums, publishing commentaries on their sectors, and participating in criteria and analytical projects
- Providing clients within the assigned portfolio of responsibilities with the highest level of professional service
- Being a subject-matter expert and providing analytical support and guidance other analysts
- Leading outreach and market education efforts and representing S&P Global Ratings on external forums
- Bachelor's degree. Actuarial background, advanced degree, CFA charter holder or CPA is a plus
- Minimum ten years of relevant experience in an analytical or research position with deep insights in life, non-life or reinsurance credit analytics
- A good understanding of financial markets, business environments and relevant regulations – in particular, insurance regulations in China and Hong Kong
- Strong financial statement analysis skills and accounting knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to give effective verbal presentations to senior executives
- A highly motivated team player who can work autonomously in a global, multi-cultural and fast pace environment
- Ability to lead rigorous analytical work and lead the publication of timely commentaries
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.