The Role: The Core Engineering role is responsible for reviewing and approving solution designs, ensuring architectural standards are complied with. This role will provide technical direction to solution teams where applicable, and validate that the all of SPGI technical standards are included within the solution and validate deployment plans. Interfacing with executives, business users, project managers, and other technologist both internal and external will be a daily occurrence.
The Location: Charlottesville or Richmond, VA or Centennial, CO
The Impact: The Core Engineering role will demonstrate thought leadership in engineering across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to decision makers. He/She will be required to analyze system requirements and ensures that systems will be securely integrated with current applications without impacting business continuity.
The following are key responsibilities of the Core Engineering role:
- Improved and optimized service delivery performance
- Enhanced operational reliability and flexibility
- Continuous improvement with technology standards
- Cost reduction and rationalization of fixed and variable costs
- Continued focus on standards implementation and leverage of common solutions
Other more role-specific responsibilities include:
- Deliver information technology infrastructure initiatives that drive platform stability, innovation, and compliance.
- Continuous review of provider operations and solutions to include hardware configurations, storage administration, system upgrades, day-to-day operations monitoring, service level management, and data migration.
- Ensures solution designs incorporate integration functions.
- Coordinate with business partners to fully understand business requirements.
- Ensure designs incorporate SPGI’s cloud first initiative.
- Recommend strategic decisions and directions for new product selection
- Manage lifecycle review of infrastructure components and technologies based on input from Customer
- Provide leadership to Service Provider for product evaluations, including product evaluation analysis, RFI/RFP analysis, and Proof of Concepts ("POCs")
- Provide leadership to Service Provider for standard use framework, to include standard products, design packages, installation packages, support packages, and test plans
- Provide leadership to Service Provider for product roadmaps/catalog, maintaining a two (2) year outlook on product evolution
- Collaboratively work with business segment and business unit application development teams
- Support workflow for collaboration on business decisions against product selection and lifecycle
- Develop position papers on new products or new major releases.
- Product lifecycle change business case – proposing change of status of a product along with benefits and impact to the current environment
The successful candidate for this position will have the following experiences and expertise:
- A broad understanding and experience in multiple technical design areas.
- A successful track record in project definition and technical management.
- Extensive experience with developing strategic plans.
- Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Proven experience in systems design and development.
- Background in varied technologies such as telecommunications, client server architectures, electronic commerce infrastructures, enterprise and workgroup server platforms
- A broad understanding of all major technical platforms, technical architecture models, and enterprise architecture strategies.
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards.
- Solid grounding in core enterprise applications.
- Expert knowledge of programming language capabilities.
- Hands-on experience with engineering tools.
- Strong knowledge of hardware and software evaluation principles and practice.
- Proven project planning.
- In-depth knowledge of engineering standards, methodologies, and processes.
- Understanding of change management and testing requirements, techniques, and tools.
- Ability to create constructive relationships, influence, and communicate (to project team, IT management, and non-technical staff).
- Ability to lead complex, cross-functional problem-solving initiatives.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional understanding of the company’s goals and objectives.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent technical architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering.
- Advanced degree strongly desired.
- 10+ years’ work experience
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.