The Role: Associate, Ratings Analytical (Consumer Sector)
The Location: Hong Kong
The Team / The Business: You will be part of a global and multicultural team.
The Impact: You will analyze original, non-routine and complex situations in a timely, orderly and insightful manner. Developing and maintaining a deep understanding of industry trends and issues.
The Career Opportunity: This is a great opportunity for experienced professionals within the financial industry to lead criteria and analytical projects, participating in determining department strategies and priorities.
The Role: You will act in an analytical position (covering the Consumer industry), covering a portfolio of leading regional corporate issuers. As a primary analyst for credits in the corporate sectors, you will not only perform analytical work and write reports, but also demonstrate your analytical insight to internal and external audiences in an international working environment.
Your Skills: Bachelor degree is required, and MBA or CFA is preferable. You must have a good understanding of the financial markets, business environment and relevant regulations in the Greater China market.
Our Hiring Manager says: “I’m looking for the kind of person who has significant experience within the financial industry. You will play a key role within the Analytical team assisting resolving client’s needs and assess client’s quarterly financial projections and business plan.”
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of credits
- Attend meetings and interact with senior management of corporations to obtain information upon which to base credit rating decisions
- Actively participate and be engaged in rating committees. Present findings and your rationale to the rating committee
- Actively participate in regional and global analytical work groups to maintain and enhance our analytical industry expertise
- Prepare a variety of materials suitable for publication (rating reports, press releases) to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis
- Prepare commentaries/ papers on areas of expertise for publication
- Share knowledge/ participate in initiatives to improve group operations (through sharing analytical expertise, coaching to more junior staff, project work)
- Cooperate with non-analytical staff to ensure that the process dimension of the analytical process is properly executed
- Demonstrate service excellence and professionalism towards external and internal clients
- Bachelor degree holder of Finance, Economics or a related subject
- Holder of CFA Designation is preferable
- 5 years of relevant work experience as a credit analyst, equity research or a relevant industry sector in the financial services industry
- Strong network and understanding of the Consumer market in the Greater China region
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Solid analytical capability, team player and has good time management skills
- Able to multi-task and meet projects with a tight time frame
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-changing, global and regulated environment
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice