The Role: Working closely with an extraordinary team of Voice Writers, Scopists and Editors, you are responsible for crafting publication-quality transcripts of teleconference and webcasts of corporate earnings calls. You will be using Voice Writing method and speech-recognition software (primarily Dragon) to transcribe these calls (by actively listening and repeating to what you listen to) so that your voice can recognized by the software to be converted into a script.
The Location: This position is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
The Team: You are going to be working the team which transcribes financial-related conference calls and assists in gathering business information such as corporate executive related data. You'd be joining a dynamic team of 250+ counterparts in global locations with countless opportunities to learn transferable skills & knowledge.
The Impact: Working in the team means getting in on the floor of something that is huge, exciting, and significant, and is going to revolutionize how transcripts are produced and delivered to clients.
What’s in it for You:
- We are committed to provide you a path way to develop your career up to the manager level and above within Transcriptions department
- We seek to identify and reward special performance with growth opportunities
- We shall equip you with platform to work on enterprise level products learning new technologies and advanced transcribing tools
Responsibilities: The primary responsibility of a Voice Writer essentially lies in collaborating as a pair with a Scopist, and further collaborating with the editor to build quality transcripts of high speed, multi-speaker operating results conference calls involving specialized terminology. In addition to transcriptions, the team will assist in the collection of other Business Information – private company profiles, etc. Voice Writer will have complete knowledge of the collection policies and tools.
- Each role is dependent on the other and should be coordinated precisely with the other team members in production of output
- You might be required to perform in either the role of Voice Writer or Scopist using real-time voice writing methods and computer-aided transcription software to produce final output within set guidelines
- You may asked to proof and/or edit work performed by other Voice Writers or Scopists in order to meet quality control guidelines
- We'd expect you to be collaborating with peers and Team Leaders to continuously improve the Transcriptions workflow process
- You shall be gathering relevant Business information as required by S&P Global
What We’re Looking For:
- Top-notch communication
- Excellent listening and speaking skills in English
- Excellent lingual and auditory coordination
- Ability to concentrate, focus and deliver consistently in time in an energizing environment
- At least a Bachelor's/College Degree is preferable
- Prior experience of working in a Transcriptions team is preferable
- 1-2 years of working experience in the Call Center industry is preferable
- Familiarity with financial markets and business organizational vocabulary is an asset
- Previous experience with speech recognition software, such as IBM ViaVoice or Dragon
Work Shift: Primarily a night shift job, subject to change upon business requirements.
Note: This is a full time internship opportunity with a fixed monthly stipend to be paid and a very bright chances of being converted into a full time employment
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: www.s&pglobal.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.