The Role: Marketing Intern
The Location: Charlottesville, VA
The Team: The S&P Global Market Intelligence marketing team is responsible for driving engagement with current clients and generating qualified leads for new business. Our marketing team strives to positively influence pipeline, drive client engagement, and build brand through creative marketing programs, differentiated channel management, and operational excellence. We achieve this through a diverse marketing mix of events, web, email, advertising and social media. As a part of this team, you will strive to communicate our value through efficient operations and tactical expertise. Our team spans the globe, yet remains in tight collaboration and communication through team meetings and flawless workflow technology.
The Impact: You will most directly support our marketing initiatives for the Academic, Government and Professional Services segments. You will provide assistance in the development and implementation of various campaigns to engage clients and drive lead generation as they relate to larger business strategy.
What’s in it for you:
Do you seek a marketing career and want to work with an industry leader to gain valuable experience? This is the role for you.
- Work on a global marketing team as part of a Fortune 500 company that is over 150 years old
- Develop skills in marketing automation tool Marketo and CRM tool Salesforce
- Cultivate copywriting skills and gain familiarity with the concept of brand voice
- Discover the value of a multi-channel approach to achieving results
- Learn the role of marketing within a larger commercial team
- Enjoy a casual working environment
In this role you will:
- Assist in the execution of trade show participation, including pre-event communication, attendee check-ins, and post-event lead processing
- Support segment marketing, including copywriting, collaboration with creative team, Marketo program and asset creation, and reporting on success
- Heighten your familiarity with social media platforms to maintain an active presence for our segments, including weekly Twitter and LinkedIn posts to engage with target audiences
- Manage communications with commercial organization regarding campaign launch notifications, progress updates and pursuing market qualified leads (MQL)
- Collaborate with Marketing Operations to ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner, budget is aligning with activity, and our global marketing calendar is up to date with recent and upcoming activities
What We’re Looking For:
- Rising second year or third year student
- Degree concentration in Marketing, English, Management, Finance, Information Technology, Economics, Systems Engineering
- Experience writing for a school publication or personal blog
- Long-term interest in a career in marketing
- Availability for spring, summer, and fall internship schedule
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.