The Role: IT Project Specialist II
The Location: India or Pakistan
The Team: The Project Management Office (PMO) is a 3 person virtual team within MI Product Management. We support MI Product Management PM/BA team, MI Infrastructure Engineering and MI Database Administration teams, as well as non-MI teams, whose project work impacts MI services or requires MI resources. We are a high-energy, motivated team, with a results biased attitude.
The Impact: The PMO Project Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the consistent execution of project management practices within the MI organization, specializing in supporting Operational teams in the MI project space. They will assist in the development and execution of process training to our Customers. Working closely with program and project managers, as well as other senior management, they will gain knowledge of S&P Global Market Intelligence business, project processes and priorities.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to learn and influence the project management processes utilized in S&P Global, with a focus on being Lean
- Grow knowledge of the S&P Global businesses, especially Market Intelligence
- Develop project management skills
Responsibilities: The following will be the major responsibilities for this role:
- Project setup & metrics reporting
- Work with internal/external functional teams in order to gather and document requirements.
- Ensure that relevant documentation is completed correctly
- Schedule and facilitate meetings with technical resources and business unit partners as required
- Ensure that the execution of tasks comply with relevant departmental processes
- Work with the PMO on process development and training
- Manage PMO governance initiatives to ensure timely and latest status updates of project portfolio
- Identify process improvement opportunities and lead proof of concept
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills required
- Strong administrative and organizational skills required, as is a focused attention to detail
- A proven willingness to learn, a positive service attitude, and an ability to work in a fast-paced, high demand work environment
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a technical environment or with a technical organization preferred
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Visio
- Basic Excel data analysis experience required
- Ability to drive and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Some knowledge of project management methods and theories preferred
- 1-2 years of project management or project coordination experience preferred
- Introduction to lean and agile methodologies would be a plus
- Microsoft SharePoint/Box experience would be a plus
• Bachelor degree preferred in Business, Technology, or Operations
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence