The Role: Senior Manager, Compensation
The Location: New York, NY or Charlottesville, VA
The Team: You will be part of the Global Total Rewards Center of Excellence team. It is a team made up of colleagues in all 4 regions, with certain team members focused on broad based compensation, Executive Compensation, Benefits and Global Mobility. This team works to enhance and deliver compensation solutions to various leaders and professionals throughout the Globe.
The Impact: The Senior Compensation Manager will lead Compensation initiatives for a division within S&P Global in partnership with multiple teams and stakeholders. Compensation initiatives include the implementation of cross-segment career paths, development of salary ranges, designing pay mix solutions, M&A activities including integration of workers into our career paths and standardization of best in class pay practices across different geographies and functions. You will also oversee projects/initiatives, and will be expected to plan, develop, and implement (sometimes enterprise-wide) in partnership with HRBPs, COEs and key business leaders.
- Provide manager guidance and interpretation of pay policies and, job evaluations
- Update or redesign solutions to business issues via compensation programs or practices. The ideal candidate will apply design thinking and lean principles to those solutions
- Keep up with trends, practices and pay related benchmarks for the client group and make annual recommendations for salary, incentive and long-term plans as necessary
- Monitor federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance
- Respond to client requests for data and analysis, as well as support for process and plan implementation and changes
- Support client group with the development and communication of compensation packages for new hires and existing employees when necessary
- Participate in market data activities including collecting information for surveys, reviewing results and reporting back findings and updating salary ranges as needed to stakeholders
- Create and deliver training programs for various audiences: HR, line managers and Executives on changes to regulations, pay practices or programs throughout the year and as needed.
- Lead or participate in projects that help us optimize HR processes: Workday module implementation, centralization and automation of HR processes, etc. Support workforce planning initiatives including forecasting and planning cost of labor for a variety of roles in within the US
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, human resources, or related field
- At least 5-7+ years of progressive growth and responsibility in the compensation field at global public companies
- Must have experience dealing with management at all levels, including C-Suite executives at public companies
- Must have experience creating and implementing global career path initiatives
- Ability to manage highly confidential information
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to demonstrate problem solving skills
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for compensation and benefits, labor relations, negotiations, and HRIS systems
- Excel – extensive experience with pivot tables, V-lookups, and experience creating and manipulating formulas/data sets
- Experience with Microsoft Access and Visier
- Experience with Workday and PeopleFluent is highly preferred
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.