S&P Global Platts
The Role: Account Manager
The Team: Our team is composed of experienced professionals who are driven to identify the solutions of tomorrow. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value team work and it is crucial that you are a team player in order to be successful within our organization.
The Impact: The Account Manager is responsible for growing and nurturing existing customers and finding new client accounts within a North American territory through upselling, cross-selling new products, and selling to new clients. The individual will be responsible for strategic plans within their set territory, strong collaboration with other parts of the business and deliver customer value by building sound strategies and solutions.
What’s in it for you:
The individual will be responsible for strategic plans within their set territory, strong collaboration with other parts of the business and deliver customer value by building sound strategies and solutions.
• Meets and exceeds revenue quota through the management and execution of the sales process
• Employs consultative sales techniques to manage renewals, generate new opportunities and drive growth. Prospecting new business and manage incoming leads. Maintain a high lead to sales close conversion rate.
• Increase sales of new and non-benchmark services to new and existing users, divisions and locations. Develop and build meaningful relationships with key and influential contacts;
• Collaborate with other sales and sales support functions to help ensure service levels and value-add needs are met
• Maintain CRM activity log; Provide monthly reports to management; Produce an accurate monthly forecast; Build strong profiles for top 10 clients.
• Provides accurate forecasting
• Ensures all leads, opportunities, activities, contacts, customers’ explicit needs, advances and buying cycle status are captured in a timely manner
• Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in a B2B sales corporate environment, preferably in commodity or financial information provider role
• Consultative sales and negotiation skills experience, possess high integrity and a hunter adept at all phases of selling cycle from need creation, proposal preparation, negotiation to deal closure
• Excellent communication and presentation (verbal and written) skills, adds value to the relationship by distilling, summarizing, interpreting and communicating information to facilitate its usefulness
• Strong business and professional acumen.
• Very strong planning and organization skills, able to prioritize
• Competent with systems (Oracle, CRM, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to travel
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years’ experience in downstream oil, gas, or power industry or financial sector
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.platts.com.