• Serves as the senior most technical member of the organization tower, providing guidance and setting direction for architectural and strategic activities
• Works with both onsite and remote teams to ensure that high-quality solutions are delivered in a timely fashion
• Mentors engineering and/or infrastructure teams in best practices with a focus on delivering consistently high-quality solutions with supporting test cases and documentation
• Performs proof-of-concept work such as evaluating technology products and solutions that may provide value to the organization
• Works ahead of the teams in terms of planning and architecting solutions, while documenting findings and transitioning work to the core engineering teams or vendor for production implementation
• Develops and delivers long-term strategic goals for technology infrastructure services architecture vision and standards in conjunction with Service Provider(s), data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
• Creates short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall technology management roadmap.
• Develops and maintains architectural governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing technology across the organization.
• Develops and promotes technology management methodologies and standards.
• Defines requirements for implementing the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support appropriate technology goals.
• Defines requirements to address technology-related problems in regards to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration.
• Conducts technology life cycle, duration, usage requirements, feasibility studies, and other tasks.
• Acts as a leader and advocate of technology management, including coaching, training, and career development to staff.
• Liaison with vendors and Service Providers to select the products or services that best meet company goals.
• Identifies and develops plans for technology migration or retirement.
• Ensures technology strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance.
• Creates and maintains infrastructure services technology roadmaps.
• Deep technical understanding of compute architecture and engineering best practices
• Ability to work hands-on with technology solutions
• Experience building distributed architectures
Stays up-to-date with IT Operations trends and new best practices and methodologies, including ITIL.
• Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
• A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
• Excellent knowledge of the best available tools, software, applications, and systems for attaining best-in-class IT technology across the enterprise.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing and implementing strategic IT technologies and their processes, procedures, and decision support.
• Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
• Excellent technical leader with proven, extensive experience in multiple technical infrastructure design areas and in technology management.
• Excellent understanding of information processing principles and practices.
• Solid grounding in core enterprise applications.
• Excellent technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards.
• Expert knowledge of infrastructure services.
• A successful track record in project definition and technical management.
• Background in varied technologies such as telecommunications, client server architectures, electronic commerce infrastructures, enterprise and workgroup server platforms, Web applications, portals, etc.
• Ability to create constructive relationships, influence, and communicate (to project team, IT management, and non-technical staff).
• Ability to lead complex, cross-functional problem-solving initiatives.
• Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Exceptional understanding of the Client’s goals and objectives.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and consultative skills.
• Proven ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Promoting a team-oriented, collaborative environment • Experience delivering solutions in a complex, globally distributed infrastructure
• Broad technology experience and demonstrable experience solving complex performance problems that may relate to other areas of technology (e.g. information security, storage, LAN, WAN)
• Experience delivering solutions in a hybrid cloud environment that spans public clouds and on-premises data centers to virtualize infrastructure and move workloads between environments to meet business objectives
• Expertise with both Linux and Windows technologies and their use in delivering secure, highly available, mission critical enterprise-class solutions
• Demonstrable experience delivering automation and other optimization techniques to modernize legacy infrastructure
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
• Experience in the financial markets a strong benefit