S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Senior Software Developer
The Location: Hyderabad / Gurgaon
Our team is responsible for the design, architecture, development, and support of the Enterprise Data eXchange managed file transfer and integration platform, which is based on IBM Sterling B2B Integrator. We utilize a variety of tools that are regularly updated as new technologies emerge. You will have the opportunity every day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and will be able to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers and peers from around the globe.
The work you do will be make an impact every single day. You will be developing and supporting a platform that delivers the data and analytics required for crucial, daily decisions in the capital, debt, and commodities markets.
What’s in it for you:
- Build a career with a global company
- Work on an extremely visible, mission critical data delivery platform that is utilized by all divisions of S&P Global
- Grow and improve your skills by working on an enterprise level platform and new technologies.
- Design, develop, and implement solutions on the Enterprise Data eXchange (EDX) managed file transfer and integration platform
- Implement the technology roadmap and strategy for integrating the Enterprise Data eXchange (EDX) platform with internal and external systems
- Champion best practices and serve as a subject matter authority
- Produce system design documents and lead technical walkthroughs
- Resolve production/business workflow support cases, research reported problems and document solutions
- Troubleshoot complex system, application, and network configurations
- Generate ad-hoc reports as requested by business users
- Provide training for new business users and maintain user documentation
- Self-motivated and self-driven to ensure that all issues are resolved within specified SLA timeframes
- Escalate non-resolvable issues to the appropriate groups (Development, DBA, Systems Engineering, etc.)
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical partners, business stakeholders, quality assurance, product owners and cross-functional IT teams
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelors/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- 4 to 6 years of experience in application development and support using IBM Sterling B2B Integrator and/or IBM Sterling File Gateway
- Experience with IBM Sterling Secure Proxy and IBM Sterling Control Center
- Experience with BPML, XSLT, and XPATH, as well as Web Services, JMS, MQ and other messaging technologies
- Knowledge of FTP, S/FTP, FTP/S and HTTP/HTTPS file transfer protocols.
- Oracle, JDBC, and SQL skills
- Knowledge of Java technologies including J2EE and leading app servers in building large-scale web platforms
- Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze high level business needs and come up with innovative & cost-effective solutions
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-driven development.
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to lead, train and mentor
About S&P Global Market Intelligence:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.