The Role: Rating Analyst - Structured Finance (S&P Ratings)
The Location: Tokyo, Japan
This Role: You will act in an analytical role providing analysis, research and support to the Structured Finance team in Tokyo Japan.
The Impact: You will have responsibility for undertaking analysis for the Structured Finance team. As a Ratings Analyst you will be conducting credit and financial analysis, reviewing researching and managing data, running credit models, analyzing cash flows, and preparing analytical documentation. You will be an effective communicator working within the Structured Finance Analytical team as well as being an ambassador for S&P Global ratings with market participants. You will develop and maintain a deep understanding of the industry trends and issues.
The Career Opportunity: You will get to work in a dynamic team environment and work with a team of professional specialists. You can deepen and broaden your insight and knowledge in one of the leading credit ratings’ companies in the world. This role provides a great opportunity to be exposed to a range of markets and asset types.
The Team / The Business: You will report to the Analytical Manager, Structured Finance and be working closely with a number of highly experienced industry specialists.
Your Skills: Bachelor degree is required.. You must have good attention to detail and numerical skills, and an ability to synthesize and interpret large volumes of data. You have good writing skills to prepare professional analyses and reports. An understanding of securitization and financial markets and prior exposure to securitization or credit analytics is beneficial. You are a proactive individual who has a willingness to learn attitude and an analytical mindset. Fluent in Japanese, and business level English is required.
Our Hiring Manager says: “This is a great opportunity to build a career in finance with one of the leading providers of financial market intelligence. We are looking for an individual with a dynamic and proactive personality who has an analytical mindset and is always thinking outside the box. In return, you will further enhance your skill sets and sharpen your profile as part of a globally leading organization in fundamental credit research.”
- Preparing and presenting analysis and recommendations to credit committees
- Working closely with analysts to provide research and analysis for the Structured Finance team
- Review and run cash flow models
- Analyze data and review documentation for the analytical team
- Undertake research in support of Standard & Poor published commentaries
- Bachelor degree holder of Business, Finance, Economics, or a related subject
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 3 - 4 years of analytical work experience in the financial services/banking industry
- Experience in managing and interpreting data for analytical purposes
- Solid analytical capability, team player and has good time management skills
- Able to multi-task and meet projects with a tight time frame
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-changing, global and regulated environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in Japanese, business level English communication ability.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.