The Team: The S&P Global Market Intelligence Quality Assurance (SPGMI QA) community consists of personnel in New York, New Jersey, Colorado, Virginia, Pakistan, and India. We provide quality assurance and software testing for S&P Global Market Intelligence products.
- Being in this role you will be driving the test strategy/visibility for QA activities in the project.
- Achieve personal objectives and contribute to the achievement of team objectives.
- Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
What’s in it for you:
- Be the part of a successful team which works on delivering top priority projects which will directly contributing to Company’s strategy.
- Drive the testing initiatives including supporting Automation strategy.
- This is the place to enhance your Testing skills while adding value to the business.
- As an experienced member of the team, you will have the opportunity to own and drive a project end to end and collaborate with developers, business analysts and product managers who are experts in their domain which can help you to build multiple skillset.
- Advocate for quality, be the voice of the internal/external customer
- Ensure that project is tested end to end; coordinating QA testing with other scrum teams as necessary
- Advocate for quality across all team activities
- Be accountable for the QA test strategy for their scrum team ensuring review and sign off from key stakeholders
- Work in the Agile environment and adhere to all QA best practices.
- Perform functional testing, Database testing for wide range of enterprise applications.
- Attend, contribute in sprint planning sessions and design test approaches to test user stories within the same sprint and look for the opportunities to automate tests by identifying the areas so as to minimize retesting.
- Perform Functional, Integration, Regression, Re- testing and contribute to automation.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3-5 years of strong experience as functional/automation testing engineer
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or Computer Applications and basic concepts on Software Testing of client / server and web platform applications.
- Experience in Verification, Validation, Testing Techniques, Testing Types, Bug Flow and familiarity with the concepts of SDLC and STLC.
- Experience in writing automation scripts, generating automation metrics, API testing, API automation.
- Ability to write own SQL for finding and modification of test data.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to proficiently understand Requirements gathering/Testing/Defect management and tracking
- Strong ability to contribute to critical/complex projects and function independently within established framework
- Ability to solve complex, non-routine problems and the provide the best solution through cost/benefit analysis
- Ability to self-train him/herself on new tools and technologies related to Software Testing applied at work (for example Exploratory Session based Testing, Page Load testing, Failover testing etc. ), Scrum methodology and its framework
- Ability to learn and apply best practices of Quality and Test Management
- Experience in DevOps, Big Data Testing, IOT, Cloud will be added advantage.