The Role: Provides year round support for compensation & benefits processes, systems and/or projects. These activities are essential to the Human Capital management strategy as it impacts the most visible component of the S&P Global employee value proposition.
The Impact: Serves as the primary local contact in regards to compensation and benefits system issues, compensation review process and preparation of reports and data analysis. Reports directly to the Total Rewards Director for APAC and works with HR Business Partners and managers to provide solutions to business issues and/or business requests including: benefits management, wellness initiatives, review of hiring/ promotional compensation packages, etc.
The Career Opportunity: You will interact with external compensation & benefits consultants to both acquire market information on trends and best practices that can be leveraged for the enhancement of our compensation and benefits strategies, and provide data for periodic survey participation. We foster development in the Human Resources and Compensation & Benefits fields of work, including networking opportunities with professionals in the field.
The Team: You will be part of the Global Total Rewards Center of Excellence (COE) team. It is a team made up of colleagues in all 4 regions, with certain team members focused on Broad Based Compensation, Executive Compensation, Insights & Analytics, Benefits, Global Mobility, and Payroll. This team works to enhance and deliver compensation and benefits solutions to business leaders and professionals across the Globe.
Skills Required: You will be required to be a detail oriented, as well as results-orientated, individual. You will need to possess the ability to build relationships at various levels of the organization, as well as with our external partners, and collaborate and work well within a team environment.
Our Hiring Manager Says: “This position will provide various on-the-job learning and experience as well as provide business as usual challenges. The position will give exposure to countries in APAC region and helps drive multiple projects in both compensation and benefits area. The successful candidate must be able to take feedback and be willing to learn from work experiences. You must be able to partner effectively with multiple constituents and be willing to share your experiences and ideas. A good amount of project management skills would ensure success in this job.”
- Part of the Compensation and Benefits team that manages all businesses and countries in APAC region.
- Work with regional TR colleagues and implement new process and programs related to APAC.
- Develop guidelines and processes for compensation and benefits in line with market practice and business requirements
- Part of the team to make effective communication of benefits
- Develop wellness initiatives and execute.
- Support year round global compensation review processes. Includes supporting the administration of the year-end/ mid -year process, liaising with HR Generalists globally , handling reporting and analysis, responding to audit requests, etc. to ensure the success of the process. Part of the team who deals compensation system issues, compensation review process, benefits escalations and preparation of reports for Comp Council meetings.
- Support annual global participation in external compensation & benefits surveys and participate in special benchmarking studies.
- Preparation of ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Work on Mergers and Acquisitions related activities and ensure a unified compensation and benefits structure.
- Understand regulation changes impacting the business.
Qualifications Required :
- 4-5 years of HR Total Rewards experience with at least 2-3 years in Compensation and Benefits with a good understanding of compensation and benefits.
- Chinese language proficiency preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Advanced Excel skills as well as advanced knowledge of PowerPoint. Must be able to gain expertise with in-house compensation support systems
- Experience with HR MIS and/or mainframe based compensation systems and accompanying report writers (i.e. PeopleSoft, Work-Day, People Fluent, Visier, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with HR colleagues, line management and employees.
- Strong project and time management skills, attention to detail is critical; able to work on concurrent projects
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment in task force situations.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to summarize, present and analyze HR data.
S&P Global Corporate
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com
To all recruitment agencies; S&P does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.