The Career Opportunity: The Associate Editor role is a great opportunity to hone and develop business and commodity journalism skills. Growth within the Platts editorial team is encouraged and supported.
The Impact: You will provide critical information, news and analysis to our subscribers.
- Americas Tanker Market Assessments: Assessing the tanker freight rates for a defined set of tanker markets with sharp accuracy on a daily basis
- High-Quality Market Commentaries: Responsible for writing market commentaries associated with the tanker freight assessments to make readers understand what impacts the rates
- Market News: Reporting news and analysis relating to and impacting Americas tanker markets, to help readers understand what is happening in the market place, including news about supply/demand developments, government data, new developments in regulations and analysis of price trends, and other relevant topics.
- Market Engagement with Industry:- Responsible for engaging with shipping market sources in the region, including shipowners, charterers, brokers, traders, port authorities.
The Team /The Business: The right candidate for this role will be an enthusiastic team player with a passion for market reporting. Platts is a well-regarded source of expertise in the energy commodity markets. Our price assessments are used to settle billions of dollars’ worth of contracts every day. We foster a collaborative team environment that encourages working together.
- Drive to develop knowledge of North and South American oil shipping markets. Understanding of market fundamentals is necessary in order to develop subject matter expertise.
- Accuracy under time pressure. It is critical that we deliver accurate assessments to the market consistently.
- Proven real time news abilities. This position will be writing news and analysis on a real time basis.
- Excellent communicator
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Spanish/Portuguese language skills are a plus.
Our Hiring Manager says: “I’m looking for the kind of person who can get quickly up to speed on the shipping markets and wants to own the job that they do. If you are right for this role, you will have a strong drive for news and analytical reporting. You will be an engaging self-starter, who enjoys working closely with a global shipping team, while reaching out to other commodity teams that impact tanker markets. You’ll love this job because the shipping markets are dynamic and at the forefront of global trade. This is great opportunity to be at the heart of a rapidly expanding part of our business. “